9.04.2010

things that bring joy - day 4

A trip to the Apple Barn Orchard brings me joy. Especially when the weather is sunny with a mild breeze and temps in the 70s.
We went with a group of friends from our church. Each of these families is in our life group and have become a part of our extended family here in Roanoke.
The kids had a great time picking apples from the trees.

And Alex even decided it was time to take off walking on his own while we were there. He only made it a few steps without falling, but it was the first time he's set off without a "final destination" close in sight.
I do love me some fall weather to do outdoor activities. I can't wait to hit the pumpkin patch next month! Happy Labor Day Weekend, everyone. Hope it's a joyful one. =)

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Aww, nothing says fall like going to an apple orchard! What a fun fall activity, or pre-fall should I say. We've been several times when we have visited Kyla and Michael and it was such fun. And the apples were oh so good!

What a fun family and friend outing! I have a feeling you will be making all kids of apple treats with all the apples you brought home. Kyla always made an apple crisp which was the best!

nanny said...

Oh those pictures are so good!! He's off and running now....after those steps! So cute.
I love the last picture!!

Dana said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! And such beautiful scenery. I am so looking forward to the fall weather so I can take lots of walks with the boys! I've really been enjoying all of your JOY pictures. Looking forward to more.

Lauri said...

I am loving your JOY photos, too! And I'm super jealous of your beautiful weather. It definitely hasn't reached Houston yet. Those are the BEST days - outside on a beautiful day spending time with your most favorite people in the world.

PS - LOVE your new header!!

Tanna said...

Your photography skills are growing and growing. The chronical of Little Man's first real walking adventure is priceless. You have founds lots of wonderful joy and have expressed it beautifully. I love you. XOXOXOX

Tanna said...

PS Your new header is killer.