9.16.2010
things that bring joy - day 16
Bird in the Nest (aka Egg in the Hole). Have you ever made one of these? This was my first one, and it was heavenly. Alex liked it, too. I got the recipe from the Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook that my friend Kathy gave me this summer.
Let me just say that if you like good food - not good for you food, but good tasting food - this is the cookbook for you. I'd like to try every single recipe in this book. And I do mean every. single. one.
When we lived in Dallas, my friends Dana and Katherine and I would bring our families together for monthly friend dinners. We'd take turns cooking for each other, and each month we'd try out new recipes. It was so much fun, and I sure do miss it. If I were still in Dallas, I'd be whipping up some Pioneer Woman meals to share with my peeps. Then we could all share in the joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad LM loved the Birds in a Nest, too! LOL! That was a good way to get him back on eggs... butter and bread! No doubt about it, the Pioneer Woman rocks on the recipes... and, the stories. XOXOXOXO
Oh how I wish you were still here and could join our monthly dinners again! And I would love to sample some of those Pioneer Woman recipes! Miss you tons!
I sure do with I were there to enjoy that with you. Looks delicious. And our friend dinners are not the same without you!!! I love the pioneer woman's recipes. YUM! I have one for a lemon chicken pasta that is to die for!!!
Mmmmm...these are a favorite around here.
Post a Comment