Love me some Hilton Honors points. Got us an overnight getaway to D.C. Just momma and daddy. Alex stayed with some friends of ours while we were away.
(To our friends who live there - sorry we didn't call, but this was a much needed (and quick) date trip.)
Another weekend joy? Getting to eat here and enjoy my favorite guacamole.
And Sunday brunch here.
If I could only eat one meal at one restaurant in D.C., this would be it. Sunday brunch at Georgia Brown's. Sunday brunch consists of Act I - a buffet of southern soul cuisine like buttery grits, maple bacon, buttermilk biscuits with tasso ham gravy, eggs florentine, rosemary garlic crusted roast beef - and Act II - a takeaway lunch like southern fried chicken with homemade mashed potatoes and fresh collard greens. That's right, for one price you get two meals. And this food is knock-your-socks-off good!
7 comments:
Oh, that Georgia Brown!! What an experience! Glad you two had a fun date weekend. Love you. XOXOXO
SO fun! Glad you had a great time. How was it leaving Alex overnight? I have yet to be away from Griff overnight when he is with anyone other than Greg. Seems all went well. Good lesson for me.
Oh that sounds yummy! So glad you and Jerry got away for a night. So good for your marriage. Laine and I really need to do that!! I'm counting down the days til I see you!!!
Ooooh, I don't know what I'm more envious of -- the getaway without kids or the brunch. Maybe the brunch, haha! What a great weekend for you and your man. Good for you for making the time for yourselves, something most of us neglect way too often.
Looks like you guys had a nice getaway. I love, love, love D.C. Glad you are enjoying all that you can while living in that part of the country. What fun!
Sounds like you had some great meals!!!!
I saw Chipotle on GMA the other morning...I've never eaten there. They were reviewing top restaurants and why they are so popular!
Glad you had a good weekend getaway!
How fun that you got away for an overnight date in such a fun place!
Post a Comment