5.31.2011
Update from the doctor
Hip, hip, hooray for progress! The doctor said I am 4-5 cm dilated and that baby is still head down. I asked if he would be willing to strip my membranes to help speed things along, and he said he would but that he prefers I be closer to 39 weeks before doing so. I have a follow up appointment on Friday to see him again, but he said he'd be surprised if I make it that long. He said all we need are some steady contractions. I've had several this morning, but nothing in a consistent pattern yet. After my afternoon nap, I'm going to see about taking these swollen ankles for a walk and see if we can get some movement! WOOHOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my goodness!! So exciting. I am thinking of you like crazy. Things are about to change so much!! Good luck.
4-5 cm, you go girl! That's crazy! I bet your water will break any minute now! I'm so glad you're progressing so smoothly on your own. That's going to translate into a SMOOTH delivery for little Andrew.
I just got chills...it is any time now. 4-5 cm, holy moly! Yep, I'm agreeing with Lauri, this could shape up to be a quickie. 38 weeks and 5 days = the magic number :)
Post a Comment