After weeks of working to get Little Man's big boy room ready, we finally moved him over tonight. Ever since Jerry began the woodwork, we've been telling Alex that this room was being made special just for him. He has loved going in there to run, jump, and play since he's known it was going to be his.
To celebrate the move, we bought him a new pair of pajamas and two new books to read with Daddy. Here he is showing off his pjs and one of the books - Cars, of course.
Here's a picture of him reading the book while Daddy puts the bed rails on.
Story time with Daddy.
The most precious time of the evening - night-night prayers. During prayer time, Alex will always put his head on your shoulder. Tonight Daddy prays that Alex would feel special and loved in his new room and that he would enjoy sleeping in his new bed. Also that he would find his talents and use them to glorify God all the days of his life.
Sleepy boy curls right up with his "nee-nee" (blanket), finds his thumb, and lets his eyes get heavy. He went down without a single peep.
So sweet and so very precious.





9 comments:
Hooray! So glad that he did so well!! How are you holding up? Moving your baby to a big boy bed is a big deal!
Alex,
Your Aunt Katherine is SO very proud of you. What a big boy you are. Moving to a big boy bed and a new room is quite an accomplishment at your age. But honestly, I'm not all that surprised. Based on all I read about you, I had a feeling you would handle this transition without a single problem. I love your bedtime rituals with your Daddy...your stories, your prayers, your new PJ's, your new books and your new room. You are a special little boy and I am so very proud of you! Sleep tight!
... makes tears run down his Noni's face. He's growing up so fast.
Alex, I am so very proud of you. And, I am so proud of how your Momma and Daddy love you and take such good care of you and work to raise you to be the young man you are meant to be.
Noni loves you to the moon and back... bigger than the sky.
May God bless and keep you this first night in your big boy bed and all the days of your life...
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
He is so sweet!
That picture of him reading in his big boy bed makes me cry! Wasn't it just yesterday that he was teeny, tiny in Noni's lap on her front porch? Sigh...
So proud of him and his transition. Way to go mom!
Yea for Alex! I'm so glad the transition went well. Good for him. The room just looks so warm and cozy. I bet he loves snuggling down in his new bed. So so sweet.
Oh my goodness this is sooo sweet. How has he been doing since? Any attempts to escape the bed? We worry and worry and worry and then they have no problems at all. Great job, Alex!
Yea! So glad everything went well! Love the pic of him in his pjs by the bed!
Well I'm crying along with everyone else. That is just too sweet for words.
Post a Comment