We've been busy getting the final things in order for Andrew's arrival.
His clothes are washed and put away. Diapers and wipes are stocked in the closet. The crib mattress has been raised back to its highest level. The pack and play is set up with clean sheets. The glider has been moved into Momma and Daddy's room. The car seat is ready to be installed. And Noni is getting her bags packed to head this way in the next couple of days.
Good thing, too, because today's doctor's appointment showed that we are definitely making progress towards this little guy's debut. I'm 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Another piece of news that I learned at the doctor is that I tested positive for the strep B test. Not a huge deal, but it does make me a little more anxious about making sure that we get to the hospital in a timely manner to get the antibiotic in my system in plenty of time before Andrew is born.
As we prepare for the days ahead, would you please join us in praying for the following things?
- A safe, uncomplicated vaginal delivery
- Andrew would be face down for the delivery
- The labor would progress in a way that allows for me to have the antibiotics in my system for at least four hours before the delivery
- Andrew would be completely healthy and have no complications from the strep B
- My mom would arrive before I go into labor
- Alex would be joyful and adapt well to Andrew's arrival
We are so grateful for your prayers, and we are trusting that God will make provisions for us regardless of what comes our way.
When I do go into labor, our plan is to update the blog throughout the day/night with "progress reports" pending no complications or issues during labor that would prevent us from doing so. So stay tuned. I don't think it will be much longer before we get this show on the road!

4 comments:
Praying! I can't tell you how excited I am about Andrew's arrival. I'm convinced it will be such a smooth and easy delivery that you will be pleasantly surprised -- and ready to do it again, ha! Hopefully little mister will hang on until Noni arrives. Good luck with all the little last minute items on your to-do list, and enjoy (as much as you can) these last few days before he's here. I will be on pins and needles for updates!!
Amanda, I am praying for you and your new little addition. I think about you often and am thrilled for the adventures ahead with two little guys. I will continue to stalk the blog with more updates :) Hang in there these couple of days... Big hugs!
We are praying for you guys specifically for the things you listed above. I know God will be with you and will keep you all safe in his care! You are blessed beyond measure and I can't wait for the updates during and after Andrew's arrival! Love you momma!
I just popped up out of bed to come check in on your blog and perhaps an update. So happy to see Noni and Pop Pop have arrived. Hope you are feeling ok and now I'm back to bed to pray on each one of your requests. :)
Post a Comment