5.15.2011

Tiny Bubbles wraps up

Last weekend, Alex had his last Tiny Bubbles swim class with Daddy. I decided to go watch him - the first time since his first lesson where he was unsure of things. Here he is posing with his graduation certificate/report card with notes on his progress. He was not happy that we were taking time out for photos; he really just wanted to get in that water!
tiny bubbles a

tiny bubbles b

Learning to kick and jump were his favorite things. He would come home every Saturday and tell me "kick," "jump," "wa-yer." Here he is practicing his kicking in the "wa-yer."
tiny bubbles d

He also learned to float on his back which he would tell me about, too, although he wasn't too crazy about that part. In fact, the note on his report card said, "Float on Back - relax little man!" I did get to see him practice this with his teacher, but sadly my picture didn't really turn out.

At the end of the lesson, they opened up the little slides for the kids to celebrate. Alex had a blast holding Daddy's hand going down over and over again and splashing into the water at the bottom.
tiny bubbles c

I'm so glad that Alex and his Daddy had a chance to spend their Saturday mornings together at Tiny Bubbles. Even though we may not have a lot of pool time this summer, I think it was great for Alex to spend some time in the water, and I look forward to enrolling him again next year.

4 comments:

Tanna said...

I love his photo with his very first report card! And I am so glad he ended up enjoying his class and having good fun-time with his Dad! Was that fish mouth in the background a slide, too? It looks really cool! Tell LM Noni is proud of him! Good job! XOXOXOXOXO

Dana said...

Yea for pool time! It sure does look like Alex enjoyed himself and I'm sure Jerry did too. What a fun adventure for them to enjoy together.

Jackson starts swim lessons on June 6th. Can't wait to see how he does.

P.S. LOVE the pic of Alex and Jerry where he has his chin on Jerry's shoulder. So sweet.

Lauri said...

I agree with Dana -- that picture of Alex with his head on Daddy's shoulder is so precious. He looks so small and timid but yet so confident that his Daddy will take care of him.

I think it's so neat that Jerry had this special time with LM. That'll be a perfect activity for them this summer, too, when Mommy needs an extra nap with little Andrew. :-)

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

CONGRATS LITTLE MAN!!!! Way to Make it through your first swimming class, water can be a bit scary at first but once you get use to it you won't want to get out!!
I Love you xoxox
Love Lindsey