5.04.2011

The good and the...not so good

The good: Baby is head down. WOOHOO! The doctor did a quick scan at my appointment on Monday and baby is in position. Thank you for all of your prayers. Please continue praying that on delivery day, he will be face down and that I can deliver without a c-section.

The...not so good:
swollen feet - 34 weeks
I have two pair of shoes that fit right now. They are the flip flops in the photo above which I happen to own in black and brown. The only reason these shoes fit is because the strap is a band of very stretchy elastic.

I wish this picture gave a true representation of the swelling, but it just doesn't do it justice. *Sigh.* I will be so thankful if I don't outgrow these shoes. So glad to be in the home stretch.

5 comments:

nanny said...

So happy that Andrew is in position...hang in there baby....

How many more weeks? (6)?
Take it easy, prop those feet up! (lol, with LM, not much time for that, i'll bet)

Dana said...

Oh girl, I can see the swelling. You poor thing! I remember my feet hurting SO bad at the end. They would sting when I got out of bed in the middle of the night and morning. And the heat sure doesn't help. I sure do wish I could do something to help you have some relief. It's not easy to sit with your feet up when you have a toddler running around.

I'll be praying for a safe and smooth delivery with very little pain afterwards!

Tanna said...

I love you.

Lauri said...

Ouch! Looks SO painful and uncomfortable! I'm so sorry! I had the exact same swelling and had to buy a huge pair of ugly, cheap shoes to wear to work all the time. UGLY, I tell ya.

Thank goodness Andrew is (so far) cooperating! Keep us posted as you progress. Miss you!

Hilde Kraiss said...

You can make it! I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with Katie. We called them my "sausage feet." Hang in there!