Meet Roary. He is Andrew's little lion friend. We thought it would be fun to do monthly pictures with Roary and Andrew like we did with Sammy and Alex to capture the growth and the milestones for the first year.
A lion seemed fitting since Andrew Ryan means "courageous little king." Noni and I have been having lots of fun with the lion theme. (More to come on that later.)
In these photos, Andrew is nine days old. So far, he is a very content baby. He rarely cries, and he eats and sleeps well. He is a complete joy and the perfect addition to our family.
I had forgotten how much of the day is spent nursing and changing diapers during this newborn stage. And the laundry upkeep! Man, oh, man! I keep wondering where my days are going - they're running together it seems. Every day I wake up thinking, "I need to call so-and-so back," or "I need to check my email and blogs," or "I need to write thank you notes," and every day seems to pass without me getting to do any of those things.
The hardest part of this transition is finding the balance of time for both boys and managing the household chores (of which Noni has been doing the bulk). But I know we will soon adjust to our "new normal." Until then, I'm ok letting the dust bunnies settle in and and the beds go unmade. Those things just don't seem as important right now, and I know that we'll find our groove soon enough. We all know how quickly the time flies, so I'm trying my best to enjoy it - madness and all - as much as I can.




5 comments:
Precious pictures! You will find your groove and until then dirty and cluttered is perfectly fine. (Not that I would know!) I'm so glad Andrew is a good baby. Enjoy your time with both cuties and worry about everything else later.
Precious!!! What a sweet baby boy. Sounds like you guys are very busy. In the very beginning it is definitely all about nursing, diapering, and trying to get some sleep. The balance gets much easier with time. And you are right, the dust and clutter are okay for now. You aren't raising a house! Keep on enjoying those boys and let the rest go. :-)
Love Love LOVE the pictures! Oh, sweet Andrew!! He is so precious. He has quite the resemblance to Alex yet with his own look too. I sure wish I could be there to love on him!
I love reading about what a great baby Andrew is. Yay! What a blessing! And girl, I can relate to being behind on housework and I don't even have a newborn! :-) But I agree with Dana, you are doing the most important thing by focusing on your sweet boys. The laundry and housework will still be there!!
I will try to call you today or tomorrow to check in. No worries if you're busy, but I just wanted to say hello before I head out of town with the kids. I miss you and love you tons! Keep the pictures and updates coming!!
I love Andrew and his little friend, Roary. I'll be expecting some comparison pictures with Roary and Sammy! :-) I'm so glad to hear Andrew is a good baby. What a blessing that is. It sounds like you guys are settling in a bit and getting a feel of the "new normal". I remember how much the days would run together. A newborn really requires so much attention and before you know it, it's 5:00 and time to start dinner and the night time routine. As great as the newborn phase is, it is so much work. But as you know with Alex, they don't stay little for long so I'm glad you are soaking all of this in while you can. Oh how I wish I were there to cuddle that sweet boy and take Alex out for a bit to give you a break! :-( Oh and the house work, yeah it still takes the back seat here. One day, there will be time to focus on the house, one day! :-)
Andrew is so precious. He looks very, very content and happy. He looks so much older than 9 days....wow. The pictures are adorable and I love Roary
Post a Comment