One afternoon while Noni was visiting, we did a search on ravelry.com (a knitting/crocheting website) for baby hats. When we came across this pattern, we simultaneously said that it was the one that little "An-roo" needed - the lion.
She whipped up this little lion mane in just a couple of afternoons. And then she decided that Andrew needed an itty-bitty loincloth to keep him modest. ;-) So we took a few measurements here and there, and she just kind of threw it together one night. No, I'm not kidding. Just threw it together. I know, right? Oh the talent that lies in those hands!
With a costume this cute, I couldn't resist a photoshoot. Is this the cutest little lion you've ever seen or what? ROAR!!
Oh, goodness - the laughs we had putting this on him (over and over again). Thank you, Mom, for all of the fun and the laughs that came with this project. I will cherish these memories for a lifetime, and I look forward to all the stories I'll get to tell Andrew one day.



7 comments:
Oh, Amanda. These are the sweetest pictures. And your momma is so talented. Doesn't it make your heart feel good to see, first Alex and now Andrew wearing these precious treasures?
I have several baby blankets and baby sweaters that my mamma crocheted for all my babies. And now the first grand baby will get to use them!
Blessings, Connie
These pictures are precious, precious, precious!!!!! And I agree that your mom is super-talented, wow! The last picture is of course the best. Some day Andrew will be mortified by these pictures, but for now they are adorable.
Oh, my goodness! So much fun!! I'm starting to be worried about the grief we may catch when he is older. LOL! But, then again... the price of being born into a Griswold Clan. LOL! Love y'all. XOXOXOXO
Amanda, those pics are the cutest I've ever seen!! Oh my goodness, sweet Andrew with his little lion yawn, I mean roar, ha! Reading about your endeavors made me smile and I sure wish I could've been a fly on the wall to witness the joy and laughter of this project. The outcome was fantastic -- those are contest-worthy photos! And oh so sweet!!
What a sweet lion he is! Oh my...adorable! He seemed to handle the dress up fun and the photo shoot just fine. What a sweet boy he is! Those are priceless pictures. Noni is one talented woman! So glad you guys had such fun with this. I can only imagine the smiles and laughter that came with this! Love, love, love it!
Wow. These are amazing pics. I can almost hear his little baby roar.
What sweet pictures. I'm seeing a lot of alex in them. I love the little diaper cover and mane. What a cute idea. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun capturing the images.
Post a Comment