6.26.2011

Cars, Cars, and more Cars

Oh, how this boy loves his Cars cars. His collection is growing, and he knows them all by name.
Alex & cars

As Little Man's collection grows, he loves to hold each car up to Andrew's face and tell him who he's "looking at." He wants his baby brother to share in the excitement so badly.
JJ

His favorite - the one that must go with us everywhere (including bath time, bed time and any outing) - is Ramone, or "Mone" as Alex calls him. Here is "Mone" with us at Jerry's Father's Day dinner where Daddy and Alex enjoyed popcorn shrimp.
Alex & mone

Around here, we're gearing up for Cars 2. What about you? Have you already seen it? Did you like it?
Cars 2

We're excited to take Alex. This will be his first time to see a movie at the theater. I'm hoping that he will enjoy it and sit through the whole thing. And while we're there, I hope Andrew does a whole lot of this. ;-)
Sleeping Andrew

6 comments:

Dana said...

Yea for Alex's car collection!! I love that he loves Ramone. That's awesome. We saw the Cars movie on Friday. It was good but definitely over jack's head (mystery and spy stuff.). I didn't love that there was lots of shooting, crashes, etc. Jackson seemed most interested during racing scenes. It was his first movie and he ate a huge bucket of popcorn - that was probably his favorite part.
There were 30 mins of previews for us so if Jerry goes you might want to have one of you walk him around while another holds the seats. Jack got antsy by midway through the movie because he had already been sitting for quite a while.

Hoping Andrew sleeps for you. That would be perfect!

I noticed alex has Francesco. He was one of the main guys and Jackson liked him. He has that car too. :-)

Meg said...

Too cute, AC! My favorite picture is Alex at dinner showing you his car. What a precious face! And little Andrew looks like an angel. I wish you guys were here so we could have an agency visit :) Hugs to you all.

Hilde Kraiss said...

Katie loved Cars too and we have many, many at our house. They will be waiting for Connor when he's ready. We just took the kids to see Cars 2 over the weekend and we loved it. Connor slept through most of it and we all had fun. Mater is definitely the main character, if you need to prep Alex at all to play with Mater a bit more than 'Mone.' Ramone is in a couple of parts, so Alex should be happy. :) Enjoy!

Lauri said...

Yay for Cars 2! I can't wait to hear how Alex enjoys his movie experience. That was probably my FAVORITE thing to do when Kaitlynn was a newborn. She slept right through them! We saw Cars 2 last weekend and I'd have to agree with Dana. The previews seemed endless, although the Pixar short about Toy Story was great! Kaitlynn still has some trouble sitting still during the movie, especially if the previews are long. Snacks help!

Miss you guys and hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I can finally post. Blogger problems again.

I love that he loves his cars so much. He will have a blast when he comes here next. The boys have quite the collection of Hot Wheels and Cars characters car. He would be in heaven! Oh boys and their cars...gotta love it!

I can't wait to hear about your first adventure to the theater. The snacks, candy and drinks are a must. Oh and a lollipop of some sort to keep him entertained when he runs out of the other stuff! ha! :-)

Anonymous said...

Blogger makes me crazy--problems posting again. The above comment was from me!-- Katherine :-)