Last year was a bust in the costume department for Halloween. Alex outgrew his costume, and I didn't realize it until Halloween day. I was determined not to make the same mistake this year. It's hard, though, you know? You have to buy the costume early enough to find the right size because you don't want the stores to run out, but not too early that they'll outgrow it before it's time to wear it. Drama.
While with Noni and Pop Pop last week, we turned the city upside down in search of a lion costume. Alex has his lion roar down pat, and I just bubbled over with excitement to think about him going as a lion and doing his "ROAR!" But it was not meant to be. We could not find Little Man's size anywhere. Bummer.
On to plan B - I had to come up with alternate options. I think we found a winner! Introducing...Alex the Robot!
At first I was a little nervous that he wouldn't wear the head piece, but he seems to love it considering he played outside for almost 20 minutes without trying to pull it off.
Yep, I think we found a winner, folks. And this time, I bought big enough that I will not have to worry about last year's Halloween Horror of the "shrinking" costume.
Here he is checking his antennae with Noni and Pop Pop to make sure they're still there.
And here's our Little Robot Man feeding the fish at Noni and Pop Pop's house.
I hope he enjoys his "bot-stume" as much on Halloween night! We'll see...



6 comments:
That is the cutest Little Bot EVER!! XOXOXOXO
OMG- Alex the Robot looks adorable! What fun that he likes the head piece too. Too, too precious!
That is too cute!!!
Lila outgrew her costume....on to #2
Get out of town with that insanely cute costume. He is so adorable and I love how much he loves wearing it. Griffin is going to be a puppy but so far has refused to wear the head part. Can Alex have a talk with him about that?
I love it! I've been searching for Alex a lion costume and didn't have any luck, either. But I love Plan B! He looks awesome!! I had a first-time mother of a baby ask me the other day, "Why is Halloween such a big deal to everybody here?" It cracked me up because it's true -- we definitely have Halloween drama every year, haha! I can't wait to hear how Alex does with trick-or-treating!
I love the robot!!! Post more pictures from Halloween once you have them, please. We have a lion costume we could have sent you - too bad. Allie wouldn't wear it last year but Katie was a pretty great lion a few years ago. Enjoy! ............... Hilde
Post a Comment