10.31.2010

A (Barely) Happy Halloween

For the last five days, Little Man has looked like this. Puny and pitiful after getting some vaccinations that caused a fever, tiredness, loss of appetite and some vomiting. Poor little guy.  =(
Noni and Pop Pop sent Little Man a Halloween treat in hopes that it would lift his spirits. Balloons and an edible arrangement with extra "sssss" (that's grapes - one of his favorites).  
I was hoping that Little Man would have turned the corner before tonight, but no such luck. Our Halloween wasn't really all that spook-tacular. But Alex and our neighbors sure did look stunning in their costumes. Sam I Am (complete with Green Eggs and Ham), Thing 1, Cat in the Hat, the Robot, and a Peacock.
 Even though Alex was feeling tired and crummy, he did still wear his costume with pride.
Poor little guy didn't have many smiles tonight. In fact, I really only remember this one. I had to snap quickly before it was gone - that's why it's a little blurry.
We went to a fall festival at a local church near our neighborhood. That lasted all of about 15 minutes for us (thank goodness we were close to the house), and then we were done for the night. One of the few highlights for Alex was seeing this dog. Can't you just sense his enthusiasm? Yeah, I know - pitiful.
Hopefully he'll be back to his joyful, excited little self very soon.
Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh girl. I'm so sorry to hear this! Wow- 5 days of not feeling well, poor little guy! Which vaccines did he get last week?

Lauri said...

I hate to see Alex so pitiful! Poor thing, I can't believe vaccinations can be so tough on him. He looked so cute in his bot-stume, despite the sad face. I think he went from robot to woe-bot. :-)

Dana said...

Poor little guy! Jackson has been sick on and off the past week or so and it's such a beating! It's so hard to be cooped up and have a kid not feeling like himself! Hopefully he'll be feeling better next year because he might actually get the trick or treating thing by then! All of your family visit pictures were great. I'm sure everyone loved hugging and kissing Alex in person!!!

Tanna said...

My poor Little Man. It just breaks my heart to see him so lethargic. It is just not right. Love you all. XOXOXOXOXOXO

Lauren said...

Cutest. Robot. Ever. Even if he was a bit down, the robots I've met aren't usually that expressive, so it's ok. ;)

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

Aww poor Kiddo... but I do have to say he is like me in that he is a thumb sucker... not the best habit but I can't help but say YA!! He is soooo cute in his costume and I am glad yall had a pretty good Halloween, I would even classify it as great because one smile changes it all :)
Love Yall and Miss Yall!!!

nanny said...

That's too bad that Alex had to feel bad on Halloween.....bet he's up and running again by now....hope so anyway... I love his costume!