10.30.2010

Pumpkin Patch Fun

One of our last little adventures in Texas was the Big Orange Pumpkin Patch in Celina with Katherine, Dana and the kiddos. Just the mommas and their babies while the daddies were at work.

Let me just say that the above shot was nothing short of a miracle to get. And, yes, bribes (in the form of teddy grahams) were involved to get those sweet little faces to look at the camera and give smiles.

I love a good pumpkin patch, and I especially love getting to go with this crew. Here are some of our highlights.

THE PETTING AND FEEDING ZOO
Alex: "May I please introduce you to this lovely creature, the goat."

Animal feed is included with the cost of admission. Here is Jackson feeding the goats. Jackson even taste-tested some of the feed himself - just to make sure it was goat-worthy!

PLAYFUL MOMENTS
Jacob giving his best Halloween scare while Luke looks at the goats!

Sweet pumpkins Jacob and Luke giving their momma a smile for her camera.

Alex showing Sarah some loves.

TRACTOR FUN
Alex loves LOVES tractors.

But getting sleepy can put a damper on even the funnest of times.


GOING DOWNHILL
The need for a nap really sent things downhill fast. 

Alex was no longer interested in the "na-nas," as he calls pumpkins.

And he wasn't interested in a group photo with the rest of the kids either.

*Sigh.* Such is life, I suppose. After our adventure, I'm not sure who was more tired, the kids or the mommas! It was a jam-packed day and definitely one for the memory books!

3 comments:

Tanna said...

Oh, Noni wants to scoop that Little Man up and hold him! I hate for him to cry!! LOL! I know it is part of the deal... but, Noni would wave away every tear he could ever cry, if she could. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO BIG O's!! ;)

Dana said...

Those pictures turned out great. I love the one of all of us. So special! The one of the kids with Alex crying and the boys looking at him is priceless. Captures the moment so well! I know it was probably a hard visit for you since you had been away from home for so long but it sure was great to see you guys!!!

Lauri said...

Oh.my.goodness! That first photo is so special, so awesome. Is there any way you can photoshop me and my kiddos into that one? ;) And I can't tell you how precious those sad (and mad, ha!) photos of Alex are. Those are the ones you will cherish and just laugh and laugh at in the future! Too too cute!

I am so glad you all had such a fun and memorable visit together, even if I am a little jealous! The photos are wonderful. I hope you're settling in well back at home. Miss you!