Alex turned six weeks old on Wednesday. This week when we went to the doctor for the one month check-up, he got weighed and measured. He is 21 inches long (38th percentile) and 8 lbs, 10 oz. (15th percentile). The doctor wasn't concerned about his weight, but he did want to see Alex back again next week for another check-in to see how he's doing with the weight gain.
Alex has been a little less grumbly this week - thank goodness! We've been working with the doctor and the lactation consultant to try and get things under control so that he'll be less gassy and fussy. Hopefully it will work. To those of you who posted comments - thank you for your suggestions and words of encouragement. They've been very helpful and comforting to me. =)
3 comments:
I'm so glad sweet Alex is doing a little better. It is SO hard to figure out how to care for these babies with gas!! Keep me posted on any tricks you learn because I could use them too! 6 weeks...wow, it goes by fast.
Happy six weeks, Alex! Good job mom and dad for surviving the first six weeks! They are the hardest. It will just keep getting easier from here.
Hugs to you!
Wow- 6 weeks! You are one step closer to seeing the fog lift! haha! I agree with Dana, I think the first 6 weeks are the hardest and it should only get easier here! Enjoy him while he is so little and loves to be cuddled, it doesn't last forever! Sounds like things have gotten a little better with his tummy and hopefully the lactation consultant is able to give you some good advice. Good for you for continuing to breastfeed him, it's not easy but the best thing for him, as you know! I hope he continues to eat, eat, eat and put some meat on those bones. He's a little guy! Miss you!
Post a Comment