Breathing a little easier. Just got the call that Mom is out of surgery and that everything went really well!
Three things were scheduled to happen in surgery:
(1) remove the lesion on her leg
(2) remove the lymph node that "serviced" the part of her leg that had the melanoma
(3) remove a cancerous spot on her ear
The spots on her leg and ear were removed, and they were able to achieve clear margin. The lymph node was also removed and the initial take on it is that it appears to be benign. They will do further testing to make sure there are no malignancies, and we will get the official results next week.
Many, many thanks for your prayers. Please continue praying that the lymph node results do indeed come back clear and that the results from any other testing the oncologist wants to do from this point forward come back clear as well.
Our God is good no matter the outcome, but I am so grateful for a good-news report. Praising our good and mighty God for these blessings today!
"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1
5 comments:
thanks for the good update. will continue prayers. please give your mom my love and best wishes.
best.
bonnie
I've been thinking of you guys all day. Thanks so much for the update!!! Love you!
I am so thankful....couldn't sleep last night, wondering....and all I had to do was look on your blog....
Whew....
I was so glad to see that things went well yesterday. We will continue to pray for good results. Keep us posted.
Love you.
Praise God for a successful surgery AND positive initial thoughts on the lymph nodes. So glad this first step is behind you guys. Hopefully she isn't having too much pain in her recovery!
Thanks for the updates and I'll be waiting for more!
Post a Comment