4.09.2012

Little Boy (Easter) Joy - Day 8

DSC_0439
We had two Easter celebrations this year. Our church hosted a community egg hunt complete with crafts and snacks. We met Charlotte Ann and Emma Grace there, and Alex invited his neighbor-friend Sully. The kids had a blast.
IMG_5613

DSC_0455
Sully wasn't too sure about things at first, but he warmed up after a few minutes. Free candy can do that sometimes. =)
IMG_5564
 Alex and Charlotte Ann are such sweet friends.
DSC_0457
Roo was a trooper. He hung out in the stroller most of the time and was his usual chipper self, although I know he was probably thinking about how he was ready to hang with the "big" kids. =)
_MG_5602

Our second celebration was with our friends Tim and Lauren (Charlotte Ann and Emma Grace's mom and dad).
_MG_5827
They invited us over for a fabulous lunch and egg hunt. Tim and Lauren were also gracious enough to invite our friends Kevin and Kendra and their little girl, Savannah, to join us since they don't have family in the area either.
IMG_5807
I wish I had been better with the camera and getting more pics, but let me just say that we were doing good to get out the door Easter morning. We had a rough go since our boys had been sick with stuffy noses and coughs in the night. Thank goodness we attended church Saturday night! Although, poor Jerry had to sit in service by himself while I stayed outside with a puny-feeling Roo. This makes the second year in a row we've had sick kids! Alex had the croup last year. =(
IMG_5782
The kids (Alex, Charlotte, Savannah, and another Alex - Tim and Lauren's neighbors' son) raked it in on the Easter egg front. Their baskets were overflowing! Lots of laughs and good times. Emma and Roo took their afternoon naps, so they missed out on the egg-hunt action. But no doubt they'll be ready next year!

Even more than I love the fun that comes with Easter, I love that we have a Savior who loves us dearly and who gave His life for us so that we may have life and have it to the full (John 10:10). So grateful for that, the most precious Gift any of us will ever know.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Looks like you guys managed to have a very special Easter despite being far from home. Your pictures captured the spring colors so beautifully. Could Alex look any more handsome in his button down with rolled up sleeves and khaki cargo shorts? I love that look! :-) Happy Easter!

Lauri said...

What a fun, gorgeous Easter! I agree with Dana - your photos are so colorful and springy! And I know you were in the background of the photo but you caught my eye in that picture of you wearing the beautiful pink top! I'm glad everyone recovered enough to have a great Easter Sunday. He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!!

Tanna said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter celebration, in spite of a few set backs. Love the photos of Alex and Charlotte Anne. Poor little Roo... he'll be out there next year!! xoxoxo