We had a wonderful surprise visit this week. My cousins Lindsey and Whitney had traveled to Virginia to see some of their family in Chilhowie, and they were sweet enough to drive a couple of extra hours to Roanoke to meet Little Man and visit with us.
Alex was in heaven! I mean he just loved playing with the girls! They brought him a puzzle and a shape sorter for his birthday, and it was so much fun watching them play together with the toys - especially the shape sorter. They showed Alex how to put the shapes in, and then he did it himself.
We also had a picnic up at Mill Mountain. We had a table that looked over the city. Here's Alex showing Lindsey some of the landmarks down below.
And here he is with Whitney. They must have been having some serious conversations based upon those expressions. =)
And here's one of my favorite pics from the day - the three of them just hanging out and having fun!
Girls, your visit was a ray of sunshine for us this week. Thank you sooooo much for thinking of us and for making the extra stretch of drive. We were blessed by the time you gave us. Love y'all!
2 comments:
Lindsey and Whitney, that was a delightful treat for Alex and his momma!
We had so much FUN that day, I would have to say it was the highlight. Thank you for taking us around and picnicking. I have some pictures printed out that I want to mail to yall ( I have to find them first :( moving into the dorms kind of got everything messed up and I still havent found everything haha) I miss yall so much and enjoyed spending the Day with You and ALex.... maybe one day we will get to do it again :) Love yall so much and miss you
Post a Comment