When I worked in advertising, I spent six years helping build the Chick-fil-A brand. I am a self-professed "raving fan," and those six years were some of the best I had at The Richards Group.
One of the projects I worked on was the annual Chick-fil-A cow calendar that goes on sale each November. I remember the first year we included "Cow Appreciation Day" as one of the "holidays." It was nothing more than a Hallmark/e-card holiday when it first began. But one of my clients - Courtney DeFeo - was PASSIONATE about making Cow Appreciation Day a cause for celebration. It took some time for her to get other people on board, but over time, her vision came to life. It was amazing to watch her and the rest of the team make something out of what was essentially nothing. And let me just say that Cow Appreciation Day was a HUGE success last Friday at our local Chick-fil-A here in Roanoke. I mean, there were people dressed like cows everywhere - kids, moms, dads, grandparents. It was too fun.
Alex donned his cow spots and ears so that he could get his free kid's meal.
Here he is with some of his friends who dressed up for the occasion, too!
Courtney, this little herd is giving a shout out to you and your vision! We loved getting to Eat Mor Chikin!
7 comments:
I love it! I really wanted to go and get some free food but I just didn't have the creativity to come up with something to wear. It's okay though, I support chic fil a enough as it is! We LOVE our chicken! You captured some cute pictures.
By the way, J is eating breakfast while I look at this and he said, "look at Alex!"
I love Alex's cow gear! What a cute cow he is! :) Glad you guys got to take part in some free food and support something that means so much to you! And I'm glad Alex enjoys his CFA nuggets, you've taught him well! We too love our CFA and I'm so glad there is one so close to our house! Miss you guys!
How cute!!! I think corporate would love to read this post!! I'm sure they miss you every day!
We don't have chic-fil-a here....45 miles away...but I love it when in Dallas! Solar has always told me how wonderful it is....actually we brought her a meal while in hospital when LC was born!(twice I think/ha)
Oh my, that pic of Alex in his cow spots is TOO TOO cute! We were at the mall ourselves that day and saw lots of "cows" taking advantage of some free food. I agree with you about how awesome CFA is and so I don't feel guilty when we support them (translation: eat there) as often as we do!
and another legacy is born... lol... love of the nugget/chikin. that sure is a cute little herd.
What a cool story. I love cow appreciation day.
Fantastic! We were at CFA on Cow Appreciation Day too, but we didn't dress up. Always good memories every time I eat there. :) ...... Hilde
Post a Comment