7.20.2010

A few happenings as of late

"Support your favorite team" day at church. Go Rangers!

Showing Daddy something very important.

 A morning trip to Target after eating pancakes at IHOP.

Practicing shooting in manual mode on the camera and looking for that perfect exposure. Much harder than the lady who taught my photography class made it look! Not even sure this is considered "perfect," but I like it, so I say who cares!

Saturday morning bike ride and testing out the new "chariot" that Noni and Pop Pop gave Little Man for his birthday.

That chariot is loaded up with cheerios and water - a Little Man's gotta keep himself well-hydrated and full of energy. It's hard work directing his driver where to go!

Speaking of staying hydrated - one of the local running shops in town offers free water or Gatorade-type drink every Saturday morning at the greenway trail where we rode.

Momma got to dust off one of her old birthday gifts that Noni, Pop Pop and Daddy bought her a few years ago, too. This ol' girl always brings out smiles in people. So much fun to ride her!

Taking a break from his chariot to enjoy the swing at one of the parks along the riding trail.

A view along the bike trail.

Little Man helping Momma with laundry in the basement.

7 comments:

Dana said...

Oh my, that post made me smile. I am loving all of the outdoor fun you are having. I am hoping to get bikes for our family one day. I love bike riding! I bet Alex loves his new chariot. That's the life! And how great that the running club provides water like that. Your bike trail looks great! I wish I were there to go on a ride/walk with you guys. I'm about to pass out from the heat here! Wondering what the temp is up there??? Miss you!

Lauri said...

I just love Alex's cheesy smile in that one photo in the chariot! Oh, I bet he LOVES it! We got Connor the exact same thing for his 1st birthday and spent many, many hours riding around with him. Loved it! And when we got it out again this summer for Kaitlynn, it was broken. So we decided to get another one and just haven't gotten around to it, so thanks for reminding me that we need to do that. It's too much fun to pass up!

I sure love seeing what you guys are up to lately. It helps ease the "missing you" feeling just a bit to know that you're enjoying family time and life in general up there. Give that precious LM a hug and kiss for me!

Katherine said...

Look at that ride he has! And the smile to go with it. What a blessing that he likes riding in it. And what fun you guys are having outdoors, enjoying nature. Hopefully the weather is enjoyable to be out in. Oh and I am loving the Rangers gear. Gotta show your home team some love!! Miss you guys!

John said...

okay... initially my comment was going to be how adorable Alex is and I would eat him up. However, that last pick quickly changed to dang girl... how much laundry do you have that you need 700 laundry baskets? are you doing the neighbor's laundry for extra cash?

nanny said...

Oh I love the "chariot" and your bike......
Amen....how much laundry do you do?????ha

Hilde Kraiss said...

I agree with John! What's with the 4 million laundry baskets? I have two kids and we only have four laundry baskets. Granted, they are usually overflowing, but still...... :) ............. Hilde

Tanna said...

Glad to know he had some snacks and hydration! =)