7.08.2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Little Man

"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand." –Unknown


Sweet, Alex.

The very second that you entered this world, I knew that you were extraordinary – the kind of extraordinary that my wildest imagination couldn't have dreamed up. You are the joy that makes my heart nearly burst with love and excitement every single time I see you. You are one of the greatest blessings God has given to me. You've changed my life and made it richer, and there is no thank you that I could offer to Him that would ever be enough to show my gratitude for you. My "thank you" will be lived out in my commitment to giving you the very best I have to offer as your momma all the days of my life.

I pray daily that God will give your daddy and I the wisdom we need to raise you to be a man who has the courage to make good decisions, who has a grateful heart, who is kind to others, who is a hard worker, who recognizes his blessings, and who, in turn, blesses others. I pray that you will use your life to glorify God by being a light that radiates love.

I believe you are destined for great things. I believe you "are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has prepared in advance for you to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

To my Little Man, Munchkin, Angel, Honey Bunches, Muncha Buncha, Angel Cakes – happy birthday. I love you, I love you, I love you, I do. So big, so big, so big.

XOXO,
Momma

5 comments:

Tanna said...

=)

Lauri said...

Amanda, that was too sweet! Your love for Alex is just SO evident in your words, your smiles, your pictures... it just exudes from everything you do and are! I couldn't be happier that you have this entirely new dimension of love and joy in your life.

And Alex -- your Aunt Lolly wishes you a super 1st birthday! I am still amazed at how quickly this year has passed, but I have loved every single second of watching you grow into such a precious, handsome Little Man. You honestly couldn't be more loved!

Love and miss you tons!

Katherine said...

It has been so wonderful watching you transform into your new role as a mommy over the last year. I agree with Lauri, your love, your compassion and your devotion to Alex is so evident in all that you do! I LOVE it! I love how much you and Jerry adore being parents and just how much love over pours from your heart for Alex! I am still so thrilled that you guys chose to take this leap of faith into parenthood and get to experience all that comes along with it!

I'm so happy you have had such a rewarding first year with Alex and I know you have so much to look forward to as he continues to grow! Glad you got to celebrate his special day several times, makes it even better!

Love you and miss you guys!

nanny said...

Oh Amanda that is such a wonderful birthday letter to your sweet Alex. He will surely treasure reading this thru the years.....

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!! I really enjoyed reading your letter to him. How special it will be to look back over it in the years to come... It's amazing how motherhood can change your heart and outlook on life. What an amazing gift. I wish you guys many more happy birthdays!