3.08.2010

Sammy and Alex - 8 Months




The days of "traditional" photos with Sammy are apparently a thing of the past. Because at eight months, Alex is more interested in chewing, scratching, poking, and climbing on Sammy than he is in sitting still next to him. I just consider myself lucky to have gotten a picture where Alex was looking at the camera because he has absolutely noooooo time for pictures these days.

No, no. He's waaaaaay too busy for Mommy's camera. He's busy crawling.




He's busy sitting in the front of the grocery cart.


He's busy sitting in the high chairs in restaurants.


He's busy standing up and playing with his new toy.


He's just busy, busy, busy.

He's also got two more teeth coming in for a total of six. His upper two front teeth are joining the fangs.

We've been trying to introduce him to table foods of sort, but it's a slow go. We've tried banana - hit or miss. We've tried avocado - he gags until he throws up. We've tried Gerber Graduates banana puffs and strawberry yogurt bites - he'll eat them with reservation. If you have tips, please do share.

I still wonder where the time has gone. People always told me it would go so quickly. I just didn't realize...

5 comments:

Lauri said...

Busy is RIGHT! I love the video of Alex crawling...not just because it's a major milestone (Yay, Alex!) but it's just so precious that he has to stop to admire each section of the rug, ha! I bet he's getting into everything these days and making life interesting for Mommy, huh? You're right...it goes by WAY too fast. Can you believe how much he has learned/grown in just 8 short months??

About the food, as you know every baby is so unique. Connor wasn't much into the table foods at first because he loved his baby foods so much. The ladies at his daycare had to strongly encourage me when it was time to push him towards table food because I was perfectly happy spoon-feeding him all the time. But with Kaitlynn, she is all about table food and seems to want whatever we're having. So different! Keep doing what you're doing by introducing him to new things and he'll come around. He may just need some time to warm up to the new things and then he'll gobble them up!

Tanna said...

LOVE all the photos and the videos!! Noni and Barbara are admiring them! LOL! Wish we could get a little hug from the busy man! Love you, Sweetie! XOXOXOXXO

nanny said...

Love that crawling.....he likes to scratch too/ha

Katherine said...

Oh that busy boy! What fun! I can't believe he is already crawling! He is doing so much for being 8 months old! He's got places to go and things to explore!

I wouldn't worry too much about the table food. I remember Jacob being 9-10 months when he really took to table food and it became a regular in his diet. I don't think I really tried too much until around 9 months. Just remember he hasn't been on solids for too long so he might just need a little more time to figure it all out. And Luke was much later, he was much picker! And the more teeth Alex gets, I bet the more he will enjoy table food, even if they are just front teeth.

You are right, the times does fly! And the older they get, the faster it goes. Now that you have been at home for awhile, I would love to see a blog post on your thoughts of being a stay at home mom. And your thoughts of not working anymore...outside of the home, that is, as we both know this job is harder than any other job. :)

Love and miss you guys!

Dana said...

Oh my, he is getting big!!! I was so stressed out about Jackson's table food eating. At his year appointment I was still talking to the doctor about it because he prefered baby food. It finally clicked for him after a year.