To say that this trip was a long-time coming is an understatement. Lauren and I have been coordinating calendars since the end of last year, but every time we thought we had our date set, something always came up. Needless to say, we were ecstatic that we finally managed to pull this off. Especially since Lauren and I were pregnant at the same time and our babies are only 10 days apart. We've been eager for them to meet!
Here are a few pics I managed to get.
Jerry and Little Man in front of the White House.
The kite festival at the Washington Monument.
Hundreds of kites were sprinkled in the sky. It was spectacular!
And the cherry blossoms were divine.
They wrapped around the perimeter of the lake and made a great frame for the Jefferson Memorial.
Griffin (Lauren and Greg's little guy) and Alex enjoyed the cherry blossoms, too.
The cherry on top was that we got to have brunch with Lauren's parents on Sunday. I worked for them in college and haven't seen them since mine and Jerry's wedding seven years ago, so this was a real treat for me! I loved getting the chance to sip mimosas and catch up (and to see how much they LOVE being grandparents to sweet Griffin).
Lauren and Greg, thank you for having us. It was sunshine for my soul. =)

7 comments:
I'm SO glad you had such a great visit! The pics are just precious, especially the ones with the cherry blossoms. Looks like gorgeous weather, too.
We had such a great time as well! I loved seeing Alex and Griffin interact, even if it did end in tears occasionally. Thank you again for all the wonderful photos you took of Griffin and our family. We will proudly display them as original "Amanda Correas."
What a fun weekend. I love DC and what a great time of year to visit. Glad u got to see your friends and their sweet baby. What fun!
Fun, Fun.....I would love to see the cherry blossoms....
Good friends, sweet babies, = great weekend!
Oh, how fun. That looks like a great trip. My coworker leaves tomorrow for cherry blossoms. What a beautiful sight!
You know I LOVE DC! So glad you all finally got to make it for your visit! Griffin and Alex are precious! =)BEEEEUUUUUtiful photos! Can't wait til tomorrow!!! XOXOXOXO
Looks like a great weekend. So glad you guys were able to get away and spend some time with good friends. The scenery was beautiful!
Post a Comment