3.04.2010

The Latest

Alex has started pulling himself up on anything and everything he can get his hands on.


He has so much fun with it that when it's nap time or time for bed in the evenings, he'll pull up in his crib, too.


And then he gets "stuck" and doesn't know how to get down. So his smiles and laughter turn into this.


Yeah, he looks pretty pitiful, doesn't he? But after having to go into his room last night twice to "rescue" him, I looked at him very seriously and let him know that it was time to lie down and go to sleep and if he got up again, he was on his own to figure out how to get down. I didn't hear another peep out of him.

Tough love sucks.

6 comments:

Deb said...

cute photos....he is growing up so fast...

nanny said...

how cute....
Solar was talking about that exact thing last week...what will I do when she pulls up instead of going to sleep?
Oh Amanda, they are growing so fast! I really think you two need to have another baby....easy for me to say uh?

Tanna said...

LOL! I'm with Nanny. =D

Yes, tough love sucks. I think I have done my share... good thing I don't have to struggle to stay out of it as you are practicing it!!! LOL! Noni would be wanting to "rescue" him!!! =) XOXOXOXOX to both of you!!

Lauri said...

Go, Alex, Go! I'm sure it's still somewhat startling to see him standing all on his own. It's just too sweet that he gets stuck, poor baby! And girl, I know all about tough love and it definitely stinks!

Solar Powered said...

Oh my, is it a milestone? The first discipline? I dread the day. Way to go Momma! He is too cute for words.

Dana said...

That's funny. Jackson never really woke up to stand up in the middle of the night. Make sure to lower his mattress so he doesn't climb out!!! When it comes to sleeping time you gotta have some tough love or you might go nuts. It's worth it!!