3.09.2011

Solo with my munchkin

Daddy is in India until next week, and my sweet angel and I have been hanging out trying to keep dry from all the rain we've been getting. I am jealous of all of you who are having spring weather. We're back to cold and dreary for a few more days.

That means we've been holed up in the house quite a bit this week, and I'm telling you the nesting is beginning to kick in. I've been cleaning out closets and cluttered spots to gather up things that I'm going to put into a yard sale. I've tackled about half of my list of places to clean and organize. More to be done in the days ahead.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last post. I decided to go ahead and order the duvet cover that many of you liked. I knew that I wouldn't be able to make a good decision without having seen it in person. I got it yesterday, and it's a winner! It feels great (very important to me), and the colors will look great with the star quilts. The only bad news is that I had to send them back because there were fabric flaws that I wasn't willing to live with given their cost. So I've got two new ones headed this way. I should get them early next week, and I'll try to get some pics posted then.

Hopefully we'll have some sunshine and warmer weather soon. Little Man has a new wagon he is dying to break in - somewhere other than inside the house - and I hope to take him on a ride outdoors first chance we get. And get some pics, too. =)

4 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds like you are making good use of your time while Jerry is away. I loved getting the closets nice and clean before Ryan's arrival. Feels so good and you will be so glad you did. It will be a while before you will be able to tackle that kind of project again after baby arrives. Which by the way I'm dying to know a name!!!! :-)

So glad you got the duvet and loved it. Can't wait to see the finished project! Maybe it will give me some ideas for when we put Ryan in Jack's room. Still have a while before that happens though.

Sorry it's yucky weather. It's SOOOO hard to be stuck in the house with a busy boy. Believe me, I understand!!!

Have a great day!

Tanna said...

I like the picture for this post farrrrr better than any duvet anyway! LOL! So glad it is going to be something you really like. And, I wish you could spread your nesting/cleaning urge around a little. Sure could use some around here!! LOL! All I want to do when I am not putting out fires or doing mandatory chores is paint! LOL! Love you dearly. XOXOXOXOX

nanny said...

It's cold here too.....ugh!

You look so wonderful....pregnancy agrees with you!

Lauri said...

That picture of you and Alex is a framer for sure! Was that a self-timer? Go girl! You are looking so good, Mama!

I just had to comment because I can completely relate to all your solo time with LM. Jeff's crazy work and travel schedule leaves me alone with my kiddos often. Most of the time it just feels normal and we manage just fine. But there are times (like recently) where I definitely feel overwhelmed and desperately need some "me" time. I'm so lucky to get 10 hours each week while they're in school, but sometimes even that's not enough! Next week is spring break (no school for the kids) and I've actually hired a babysitter for 2 days so I can have some "me" time, get things done, and maintain some sanity while Jeff's away.

I sure hope your dreary weather passes soon and you can enjoy some gorgeous weather like we've been having in TX. It automatically improves my mood to be able to spend time outdoors with our spring weather, and the kids just seem to have much better days when they get to play outside. And just think, when your weather improves and you have gorgeous days to spend outside, we'll all be stuck indoors down here in TX because it'll be so darn HOT! Ha! Miss and love you girl!