I'm not sure why I gave my Friday two exclamation points. Truth is, this weekend will feel like any other weekday to us since Jerry's gone. Nevertheless, Fridays always feel a little more joyful, don't you think?
In celebration of our week's end, we started our day out with these.
Have you tried these? Oh, my. They are delicious! You can find them in the freezer section at the grocery store. I say that, but here we can only find them at Walmart. Thank goodness that's not a place I shop very often. It could be very dangerous for me, otherwise.
You just let them rise to twice their frozen size and then pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes. There are 12 in a bag, and they come with two generous packets of cream cheese frosting. I was tempted to make my own frosting, but decided to go ahead and use theirs. It was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
Later in the morning I loaded Little Man up for a much needed (read: overdue) haircut. It was so needed that Jerry told me I only had one job while he was gone - to get Alex a haircut! LOL! You know how Jerry likes Alex's hair to look good. ;-) Can't blame him for that.
For the last week I have been talking to Little Man about going to see Mary Margaret (our hair lady) because he has had some serious meltdowns the last two times I've taken him. I'm talking serious meltdowns, people.
When I would say her name to him, he would say "choo, choo" and "truck, truck" because she has a train book and trucks in a basket of toys there at the salon. I would say, "Yes, you can read the choo-choo book and play with the trucks while she cuts your hair. And we're not going to cry. It's going to be a great day because she is going to make your hair look so handsome." After repeating this exact same bit to him over and over and over again, I was curious to see if it would sink in and do any good.
The result? Little Man didn't even so much as wince at his hair cut today! Yeah, baby! He sat in the chair all by himself for the first time, and I immediately whipped out Ba-ba on the iPhone - you know, as a supplement to the choo-choo book he had already found. He sat quietly and watched Mickey catch that big red gooey fish for Mr. Pettibone all while Mary Margaret snipped and trimmed him right up. Oh, his daddy would have been so proud! Mary Margaret was so proud of him that she gave him his very first sucker - a little dum-dum. And boy, did he like that! I had to take it away from him on the car ride home because of my fear of him choking, but once we got home he finished it right up. Sucked down to the very last drop.
Maybe I gave my Friday two exclamation points because I got to walk out of the salon with my head held high instead of hung in red-faced embarrassment like the other times. On the inside I was even giving a double-fist pump because of our little victory. It's like I always say, it's the small stuff, people. Gotta take it where you can get it.
Happy Friday, y'all!! Hope yours is worth at least two exclamation points, too!! =)

5 comments:
These are wonderful photos!!! Yes, they are! LM looks so very handsome with his new haircut. He's growing up so fast. Love you guys! XOXOXO
Oh those cinnamon rolls look GOOD! That's worth two exclamation points right there. And Alex sure does look handsome with his new haircut. So glad he cooperated. Yea! The Dum Dum is definitely a good motivator. Get you a pack of those to keep handy when you need to keep him happy for a few minutes while feeding baby on the go. Worked great for Jackson when I needed to feed Ryan in the car. jackson would sit in his seat and eat his sucker happily. Have a great weekend!
Oh he is so sweet...those pictures are adorable..he is truly growing up so fast.
And wow the cinnamon rolls make my mouth water!
You just HAD to show pictures of those cinnamon rolls and make my mouth water, didn't you??? LOL! J/K, but they look SOOOO scrumptious and you know cinnamon rolls are a fave snack of mine. If I ever want to indulge then I know now which ones to try. YUMMY!!
I sure enjoyed reading all about Alex's haircut adventure! I'm so glad you were able to reason with him and prepare him well for the upcoming task. What a big boy! His haircut looks mighty handsome, too. And I agree with Dana, those Dum-Dum suckers work GREAT for that little extra motivation when you need it. Kaitlynn loves them and will actually sit still to enjoy it.
I'm so glad you had such a nice Friday! Enjoy your weekend!!
YEA,YEA,YEA, DADDY's coming home tomorrow. i'm sooooo excited, and i'm not even going to be there.i pray you all will be able to enjoy each other's company as soon as jerry comes home. love ganny and granpa correa
Post a Comment