6.23.2010

The Spice of Life

This picture captures a real-life example of God's goodness and the blessings He has poured upon me. These are some of the most precious people I've ever known. This is the spice of life.


I have been friends with these girls for more than half of my life. I consider them more family than friends. They have loved me through some very dark times, and I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that my life is better for having them in it.

When each of us got married, our spouses seemed to fold right into the mix, and our family grew. God is so good. Not only did He provide the most amazing husbands to us girls, but He also gave us guys who continually support and encourage our friendship. And they've developed a friendship all their own.

And then these precious babies came along, and the family grew once more. And it's still growing as Katherine and Dana are both pregnant and expecting late this summer. I will become "Aunt Amanda" twice more - and that so delights my heart!

Spice of life, indeed. Now if only Lauri and Jeff and their kiddos had been here, our "family portrait" would have been complete. (I'm hoping to make that picture happen in just a couple of weeks!) We missed you guys.

4 comments:

Tanna said...

God is good indeed! I am so thankful for you to have each of these precious people in your life.

Dana said...

What a wonderful post. I love the pictures! I just wish we had more time together and maybe a little more time to actually talk! But I'm guessing the next several years worth of visits will be crazy and hectic - though I wouldn't want to share this season with any other girls!!! I'm also hoping we will all be together with Lauri in a few weeks!

Katherine said...

Spice of life...indeed! Ditto! We had such a great time too! It did pass quickly but I'm thankful for the time we had!

I'll be thinking about you guys on Saturday for the big party! Little Man is going to love all his cowboy decoration. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Lauri said...

What beautiful words and even more beautiful photos! I admit, my heart twisted a bit to see and read about your fun times together last week and to not have been there with you guys. But I'm looking forward to next week when we'll ALL be together (I hope)! I'm so glad you're having such a nice visit with friends and family in TX. I can't wait to see you next week!!!