6.20.2010

Little Man's First Haircut

Alex's hair has been unruly for a couple of months now. To the point that we had to use hair spray just to try and keep it in place. Try as we may, in the last few weeks, there has been no hairspray strong enough to hold those tresses in place.


That's why last Friday, June 18, was a much anticipated day. At 1 pm, we took Alex to see his Grandlady Kathy for his first haircut. Kathy cut my hair for more than two decades and is like a member of our family – we looooooove us some Kathy, so there was no way we could have anybody else give Little Man his first trim. We held out until we got back to Texas because it just had to be her who did the honors! It also gave us a chance to invite the grandparents to join us – Noni and Pop Pop, Pops, Ganny and Grandpa joined in the fun. And LM was soooo good while Kathy clipped his hair.

(waving that hair goodbye!)

You know, everyone warned me that LM would look so grown up after the first cut and to prepare myself for the sadness since he wouldn't look like a baby anymore. And so I braced myself as much as any parent can, but to my surprise, I wasn't sad at all. I think his little hair had gotten so out of control that I was more relieved than sad to see if all chopped off.


Boy, oh, boy, does he look dapper. Grandlady Kathy, Little Man sends his greatest appreciation for you making him look so handsome! We love you!

6 comments:

Tanna said...

I am so thankful we could be there for this "first"! =)

nanny said...

I love his new do!!! Precious!

And I love your new look! Is it from the design thing from blogger? You and your mom need to get ahold of mine for me.....plz.....
Very pretty!

Lauri said...

Oh my, Little Man is gonna be fighting off all the ladies now! He definitely looks so handsome, and what a special memory you have now of his very first haircut! I don't think I've ever seen such an audience for such an occasion, ha!

I LOVE your new blog look! It looks awesome, and I love how the photos can be bigger. Do tell how you've accomplished this!!

Dana said...

It looks GREAT! So glad you like it and that you guys got to all experience the fun together. What a special day!

Solar Powered said...

And just when we thought he couldn't get any more handsome!

Katherine said...

Oh my goodness, he looks so cute and grown up. What a special day. So glad Kathy got to do the honors. He looks more handsome than ever!