One of my colleagues recently sent out a prayer request for his nephew, Samuel. Samuel passed away yesterday morning. He was four weeks and one day old.
Samuel and his family have been on an unimaginable journey these last few weeks, and Samuel's family could really use your prayers as they face the days ahead.
I am posting a link to Samuel's Heart, the blog his parents created to pen the events of his life. I warn you that it is a bittersweet read. Very difficult to hear about the trials they've experienced, but also an amazing testimony and witness of God's goodness and faithfulness.
I am sharing this for two reasons. One is so that if you choose to read it, the Holy Spirit can lay on your heart the prayers this family needs. The second is because I believe this blog captures the purpose of Samuel's too short, precious life - to help people draw nearer to our Lord. I am amazed at the faith that this family demonstrates. There really are no words to describe it. They truly, truly have a heart that is filled with the love of Christ, and they are bright lights in this sometimes dark and scary world.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing. We will definitely pray for this family. I cannot even imagine...
My heart is breaking for baby Samuel's family. I truly cannot comprehend the grief they must be experiencing.
Post a Comment