But Mirabelle is in a sense our first "baby." She has required just as much work as Alex. In fact, even more in some cases! And as we've continued to love her back to life, I enjoy making posts about her, too. Thought you might like to see a few before and afters of the front of the house.
Here she stands when she first went on the market in Spring 2008. We affectionately named the little tree on the left the "Cousin It" tree because it looked like Cousin It from Addams Family.

And when we first moved in in November 2008. Cousin It is still there, but you can't see it in this shot. Oh, and how about those silk mums in the flower pots on the sidewalk? Nice, huh?
And during the first major snow we experienced this winter. When Cousin It blossomed in the spring, she got a hair cut. And then we renamed her "Fry Guy." Do you remember the Fry Guy at McDonald's?
And at the end of August 2009 when my mom was here.
And here she is today. Cousin It/Fry Guy is gone. The brush on the right has been cleaned up and some new grass seeds were planted. And to celebrate the coming of fall, we've added a little color with real mums on the porch.
4 comments:
She looks beautiful! I enjoyed getting to see her insides a few weeks ago. You guys have done a great job.
She looks a thousand times better since the Correa's have come in and taken over! You guys have done an awesome job and I'm glad your vision is becoming real now! Nice job!
Beautiful! But of course, I'm not surprised since she has been such a labor of love. I wish I could see Mirabelle in person!
Okay, even though I miss my little man picture for the day, you know houses are on my list of "loves". =) Mirabelle is morphing! =) Still waiting to see finished curtain photos!
Post a Comment