I still don't have much to give seeing as how I've only had this gig for nine weeks. But one piece of advice that my friend Dana gave me is definitely one I'd pass along to first time moms I know: Don't compare yourself to other moms.
I've found myself doing that lately, and, I tell ya, nothing makes you question yourself more than looking at someone who seems to be doing it "better" than you. I quickly have to tell myself to snap out of it! There is not one formula for raising kids. And not every kid is the same. You have to do what you think is right for your family and your situation.
Ok, well now that that's in writing, I can come back here and give myself a little pep talk when I'm not following those words of wisdom. And remind myself: Alex is a happy baby. He's safe. And he's healthy. Be thankful and keep doing the best you can.
3 comments:
Glad you are taking the advice! You are doing a great job. Each baby is so unique so it certainly does no good to compare... I'm going to have to remind myself of that when baby # 2 comes around!
I think you have heard that before. At least the part about every baby being a unique individual... being the mom... and knowing what you need to do... It gets shaky if you compare too much, get too much information (conflicting many times), or have a rough day... Trust yourself... you are wiser than you know... stronger than you realize... =)
You are a wonderful mom with terrific instincts. You are smart and practical. You love, care for and protect your son in an admirable way. He is your son. YOU are his mom. You adore him. No one could do it better. Dana, that was excellent advice!! Thank you for saying that so that Amanda could hear it. =) I think all of you girls are outstanding moms!! XOXOXOXO
Trust yourself. Relax. Enjoy this time.
Excellent advice! And I love your Mom's encouraging words. I think they are worthy of being on a plaque on your wall to remind you everyday...YOU are Alex's Mom, therefore no one could possibly do it any better.
The pictures are beautiful. You are one hot Mama! :-)
Post a Comment