I still have no idea why he was so sad, but let me tell you, it darn near broke my heart. He was a brave little soul and stood up there with lip quivering, fighting back the tears through the entire first song, which he did not sing one word of.

Once the music teacher gave him some props, he started singing and doing the motions, but there was no joy in it for him, unlike Luca, the little girl next to him, who was singing her sweet little heart out. We clapped and cheered for him, but he didn't even so much as turn up a smile. Poor little guy.

When their program was finished and he got to eat his ice cream, it was like a weight had been lifted. He was a new kid.

Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Cole. All smiles now!

We're so excited about summer fun! I've got some fun activities planned and will be taking lots of pictures to share. Hopefully our summer adventures will be met with much more enthusiasm than the program!
6 comments:
Bless his heart! Wonder what had happened? I know you wanted to just pick him up and give him a big hug. Such a big boy for toughing it out.
Oh, I wouldn't have been able to stand that!!! I would have had to swoop him up... you know I would've. My tender, sweet little angel. Ice cream is a wonderful cure. LOL! XOXOXOXO
What a sweet face in that last photo. He seems to adore his teacher! I'm glad he had a successful year at school and I can't wait to hear what fun activities you have planned for the summer. Knowing you, I can only imagine the adventures to come!! Luckily, one of those includes a week where I get to see your family again! :-)
Saddest little face is right! Breaks your heart, doesn't it? I'm glad he seemed to perk up once it was time for the ice cream and snuggles with his teacher! So glad he had a good first year in school. What a blessing that is for you!!
I, too, can't wait to see what activities you have planned with your sweet little family! I need to seriously organize some at-home activities for the boys, especially Jacob. Let me tell ya, I can tell it's going to be hard to keep this almost-seven-year-old busy and happy!
Happy summer to you guys!
How sad!!! There is no way I could have sat there and watched. I would have started crying, picked him up, and ran out the school doors. What a trooper.
That first picture shows the saddest little face I've ever seen. Poor little guy. But it sure does say something about his character that he stuck it out. Most kids would have run off. I'm glad he made it through. I bet you were so proud. Can't wait to hear about your summer plans. I've got some things lined up for us. let's hope the boys cooperate. haha!
Post a Comment