6.02.2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Roo-bear


Andrew Ryan Correa

Oh, my sweet Roo.

If I were to describe you in a single word, it would be delightful. Your jolly spirit is infectious – my goodness how you bring such joy to people, most especially me. Holding you in my arms makes the cares of this world simply fade away and the sunshine dance in.

You are a momma's boy, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it. You know that you can find safety and comfort in my arms. I hope you also know that will always be true. You are an amazing little cuddler, and I just let you nestle right in until you are ready to do otherwise. I will forever cherish these sweet moments with you.

One of the lessons I've learned from having you is how much God loves all of His children. Better understanding the depth and breadth of His love has taught me to extend more grace and understanding towards others. Without you, I'm not sure I would have ever gained that perspective the way I have it now.

Your daddy and I pray for you to live up to the meaning of your name – "courageous little king." That you would have the courage to be a leader among people by having the heart to humbly serve and follow Jesus. That your joyful spirit would continue on and positively impact people's lives. We want you to have a love of God's word – His truth – and to be a light before others. And that in His word, you would find wisdom and discernment to guide you along life's journey. We know that He has created you for an extraordinary life and purpose. We look forward to watching you grow into all that He is calling you to.

My precious Roo-bear, I hope you will always feel to the depths of your soul how much you are loved and cherished. Happy first birthday, sweet boy.

XOXO,
Momma

3 comments:

Tanna said...

amen and amen.... xoxoxo

Dana said...

A beautiful letter to sweet Roo. I love you and your heart for your boys!

nanny said...

Amanda, this picture looks professional....the clarity is fantastic.....good job!