5.17.2012

The Little Men's Big Adventures – Strawberry Pickin'

_MG_6443
This year marked our third annual trip to the strawberry patch. I thought for sure Alex would be into picking the strawberries now that he's a little older. Turns out, just like in years past, he was only interested in eating them out of the two buckets Jerry worked to fill up.
_MG_6445
He was interested in running up and down (and across) the rows with Charlotte Ann, however. They kept one another entertained when they weren't eating the berries.
_MG_6435
Roo-bear decided that he wasn't going to miss out on the fun Alex was having – he enjoyed the fruits of Daddy's labor, too. =)
_MG_6483
A few other highlights from this year's trip...
Snacking on kettle corn:
_MG_6488
Alex taking his first turn behind the wheel:
_MG_6496
...and Alex and Charlotte taking a stumble into "Platypus Pond." I have no pictures of the stumble because, well, it was a little chaotic. The kids couldn't see the edge of the pond because of how the grass grew over it. Charlotte went in first and managed to stop once she realized she had hit water. Alex, on the other hand, tripped when he stepped in and kind of did a roll onto his back. He kept his head out of the water, but the rest of him was soaked. That water was cold, and he cried a lot. Lucky for us, Charlotte let him borrow her spare set of clothes so that we could stop for lunch:
_MG_6506
Big adventures happening all the time around these parts. =)

4 comments:

Tanna said...

Pop Pop wants you to be sure to pack some extra clothes for his BOYS. ;) LOL!

LOVE you all so big! xoxoxo

nanny said...

How funny.... Love his outfit..... Ha

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

SO much fun :) Hummm I wonder if Alex will inherit the NASCAR foot or a more slow and steady pace ??? xoxoxoxo

Katherine said...

I know I haven't commented much lately but I have been reading your posts. :) I loved all that you did for the scavenger hunt. What fun for the kiddos. Perfect time of the year for some outdoor fun!

Loved the pictures from the strawberry fields. I LOVE that you guys have that option so close to home. Nothing like fresh strawberries to serve up for the family. We eat a ton of strawberries around here and picking your very own would be such a treat for the kids. Glad to see all that you guys have been up to lately. Miss you all like crazy! Love you bunches!!