5.09.2012

Today's Little Adventure - A Treasure Walk

Our days usually go more smoothly if we have activities planned. Anyone else? Today we packed up for a scavenger-hunt treasure walk.
_MG_6360
I made a little checklist of items to look for and packed binoculars, a net, a crayon and paper for leaf rubbings, a baby jar to collect water from "Crocodile Creek," and a little cup for any other odds and ends we might end up with – because we always end up with bonus treasures.

We shared our little adventure with Charlotte and Emma. Alex and Charlotte collected their water from "Crocodile Creek" with Lauren's help.
_MG_6361
Treasure hunting is hard work - just ask this crew. Thanks to Miss Lauren who packed a snack for the kiddos! Popcorn, strawberries and grapes for the older ones while Roo and Emma munched on goldfish and cheese nips.
_MG_6395
After two hours of searching high and low for our treasures, we decided these guys were worn out and that we'd better call it a day. Just in the nick of time, too – as we loaded the car, the rain set in.

When we got home I asked Alex what his favorite treasure was and do you know what he said? If you guessed, "the rocks," you'd be right. And his favorite sighting? The "crocodile" he thought he saw in the creek. Awesome adventures!

7 comments:

Tanna said...

Of course, it was rocks. LOL! LOVE the bench photo!! Bench full of happy campers (a.k.a. treasure hunters)! You do a wonderful job with your Little Men. XOXOXOXO

Tim and Lauren said...

It sure was a fun day!

Anonymous said...

What a fun adventure for all! Roo looks so big sitting there on the bench with the big kids! Precious!

Dana

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

TO cute and YEA!!!!! for adventures I my self love them and glad these little guys love them to.... Its a great looken bunch of discoverers !!!! hugs and loves xoxoxox

Tanna said...

Ummmm... I'm needin' some more Little Boy Joys. Just sayin'!! XOXOXO Mom

Lauri said...

Girl, you are just TOO creative!! Seriously, that cute little scavenger hunt list along with all the neat treasures...you are such an adventurous Mommy -- perfect for those precious Little Men that God blessed you with. It looks like everyone had a great time!

Solar Powered said...

I agree, you do a wonderful job. You are an inspiration to the rest of us moms out here, however I kind of wish I lived next door. I could be in charge of food every adventure if you could be the creative director.