8.25.2011

Photo Dump Randomness

Let me start with a real treasure and one of my favorite books we have. Just arrived from amazon...
_MG_4873
If you don't have this book, run – don't walk – to get it for your kids. It is so beautifully written and wonderfully captures God's love for us. I just can't say enough about it. Magnificent!


We've also been doing a little bible story craft time during the days.
_MG_4870
This book has a lot of great crafts that are appropriate for Alex's age. It also has simplified bible stories to go with each craft. I love talking to Alex about the story while he's working on his craft. And he loves to do his crafts all by him-"SELF"! Glue sticks, crayons, feathers, google-eyes - he does it all.
_MG_4872


Have you seen this bread? A total splurge at the grocery store, but so much fun to use for Alex's sandwiches. He loves his Pepperidge Farm goldfish bread.
_MG_4867


New shoes for all the boys.
_MG_4789


Sweet little Roo is gearing up for football season.
_MG_4811

_MG_4803

_MG_4795


Morning Muffin Madness!
I've never made chocolate muffins, but we sure made a go of it today. I asked Alex to hold out the box so that you could see what we were making. He was too busy looking at the box himself to turn it forward.
_MG_4822

Licking the bowl. The best part of making muffins (or cakes or cookies) in Alex's opinion. Can't blame a boy for that.
_MG_4838

Licking the bowl wasn't enough. Once Little Man was low on batter in the bowl, he moved right on to the muffin cups.
_MG_4840

"Show me your hands, Alex." Covered in batter! And look at that smile, would ya? Worth every bit of mess I had to clean up off of him, me and the kitchen. =)
_MG_4843

Enjoying the fruits of his labor!
_MG_4853

10 comments:

Dana said...

We have the Jesus Storybook Bible and love it. We were using our other children's Bible for nightly reading but Jackson was having such a hard time paying attention. I remembered I had gotten the storybook Bible and got it out a few months ago and it is going so much better. Beautifully written and great pictures! I have heard so many people recommend it.

Looks like you guys have been having fun baking and doing crafts. How fun. Little Roo sure is getting big!

Tanna said...

LOL! That's a hard working chef!! LOL! Lots of testing before and after to be sure it is JUST right! LOL. I'm glad to see there is something new in the 'library' of books to read. ;) And, I saw for myself the joy of the 'eyes' that go on the crafts!!

Andrew looks awfully cute in his football gear! And, the men are all stylin' in their new shoes. ENJOYED the photo dump. Now, I'm heading back through for another look. XOXOXOXO

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

Licking the bowl must be in the family, Papa gets on to me ... sometimes he says Lindsey you are 21 why are you still licking the bowl? I just smile and say it's the best part....

And as far as the gold fish bread goes I just saw a commercial for it on the tube today and told my room mate Hannah " I WANT SOME!!!!" and she just laughed and said "girl you crazy"

Love you guys :) xoxoxo

Lauri said...

I am SO glad you suggested the Storybook Bible! The Bibles we've been using for C and K are well loved and worn out, so I've been trying to figure out another one to get for them and so now I know!! And can I just say, I am SO impressed with you and how you are teaching Bible stories with craft time for Alex. You are SO good, girl. I always rely on MDO or Bible class to do those things with my kids because I just don't have the patience for it. And speaking of patience, I just love that you cook with Alex. So precious! He always looks like he enjoys every second of the experience with you, and you are making such fun memories. You're doing an awesome job with those sweet boys, Amanda. You were made to be a Momma. Love you!

Allyson said...

Okay, where do I start? I agree with your mom - I totally enjoyed the photo dump. Andrew looks SO big, especially in his new shoes. I love Alex shirtless in the apron! And the crafts, girl, you know that is right up my alley - AWESOME that you are finding the time to fit it in during busy days with little ones.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys have been up to lots of fun things in between feedings, diaper changes, naps, laundry etc! I think Alex might have culinary school in his future as much as he is your little helper in the kitchen. And that includes licking the bowl! Love it!

And that little Andrew is about as cute as they come. Sweet little eyes, sweet lips, such a sweet face. Can't wait to meet that little guy! Love the photo dumps! :)

Anonymous said...

Oops! That was me, Katherine. I still can't post under my google account. Only Anonymous! Strange!

Solar Powered said...

Thanks for the storybook recommendations and activities. We need more things to do! Cute, cute cooking pics and looks like Roo is ready to cheer on his team!

nanny said...

I love the pictures....Andrew is growing like a weed. I can't believe how big he looks....love the shoes!

nanny said...

I like PW's show. Did you? I enjoyed the combination of cooking and the ranch life. It's different from other cooking shows...Is there anything she does that isn't a success?
I bought Lila a book she wrote for her birthday. Have you seen it. I think the title is Charlie the Ranch Dog. It's a nice size book, colorful, not lots of words, good story. Alex would like it.