Alex is starting to put a couple of words together, although they still sound like one word. "I want some," and "open it," are the two phrases most commonly used. Also, his words are becoming clearer. (Except for the phrases, which require some translation if you're not used to hearing him talk.) What was once "Meemo," has now become accurately pronounced, "Nemo." Likewise, "nah-nahs," has morphed into a true "thank you."
He's also learning to identify feelings. Today we took something up to Jerry's office, and when we left, Alex said, "Daddy. Work. Alex. Sad." He was sad that Daddy couldn't come with us. And the saddest little thing ever was the other day after I had to discipline Alex for disobeying. He was crying and looked at me and said, "Alex. Sad." Pitiful, I tell you.
Speaking of discipline, we've had our fair share these days. The typical actions and attitudes of a two-year old have most definitely set in around here. On Saturday, we told Alex that if he did a good job obeying, we would take him to get a new Car. Well, let. me. just. tell. you. he did NOT obey. And he did NOT get a new Car. But today, he was so obedient all day long, and my heart just burst with joy. Tonight at dinner, I said to Alex, "You have done such a great job of obeying today, would you like to go to the store and get a new Car?" You could see the wheels turning in his head. His eyes let you know he was processing the question, and then after a few seconds he gleefully exclaimed, "YEA!" and clapped his hands excitedly. It was so precious! Jerry and I just rolled with laughter. So Miles Axlerod has been added to the collection. And to accompany Miles was a nice reminder that just because we obey doesn't always mean that we get treats.
Oh, and Alex does love his treats – especially of the food variety. After requesting cake as his "birthday meal," it is clear that he is my son. It is also abundantly clear that he is his father's son, too.
That's right. Two little chip-lovers in this family. And don't dare forget the guacamole. Because a chip isn't nearly as tasty without the Chipotle guac which Alex takes great pleasure in dipping all by himself. "Self," he says to us, as in "I don't need your help, thankyouverymuch."
And sweet little Andrew...well, he is just as precious as ever. He'll almost give smiles by request these days. Unless of course, you're trying to take his picture with his brother. And then, notsomuch.
Oh, and not when trying to get him to show out for a stranger either. Just keepin' it in the family, he is. And I'll admit, I do beg him for smiles when Alex starts with his two-year old antics. I need to feel the love somehow. Ha!
Our doctor visits don't line up very well with my Roary and Andrew posts. I get my stat info a couple of weeks later, so I wanted to post the most current info I have since this is for the memory books and all.
ONE MONTH
- Height: 22 inches (49%)
- Weight: 10 lbs, 4 oz (48%)
- Head: 15 1/4 inches (51%)
- Height: 23 1/2 inches (59%)
- Weight: 12 lbs, 5 oz (53%)
- Head: 15 3/4 inches (42%)




7 comments:
g.r.e.a.t. photos, Amanda. love them all! about to hit the sack... sure glad i got to see these first. =) maybe i will have sweet dreams.
as for the memory thing... just wait. lol. love you big. xoxoxoxo
Girl, I can relate! So thankful for Sharpie Pens and sticky notes! Can I also just say that your little guy has officially surpassed mine in the weight department. Where does the time go? Oh, and when you actually use the Dove soap... you'll be amazed at how well it works.
They sure are growing up fast :( :D and when they aren't up to there little antics they are the cutest,sweetest,fun loving beings you will ever come encounter with... :D
And I can relate to the forgetfulness, school has started and I already have homework that is due, but did I remember to do it in a timely fashion NOPE I was up till the crack of dawn doing it just to make sure it got to my professor on time :p I hope this is not the out look for the rest of the semester :/
I love you guys so much and enjoy getting to stay in touch with yall through this online scrap book of memories :) Your pictures are always stunning... BIG TEXAS SIZED Hugs from all of us out here in the west xoxoxoxoxo
Yea for pictures and updates! And don't worry about forgetting everything. I totally understand! I think motherhood (especially the times when you are still not sleeping through the night) just sucks your brain dry. I'm glad Alex was able to get his car eventually. I know how much he loves them. :-) It's so fun when they start to be able to talk about their feelings. You are going to be having some very fun conversations soon and I can't wait to hear more about them.
Andrew is sure growing up fast - hopefully that means he'll be sleeping longer for you very soon.
Love you.
Aaaaaaaaaand now you know why I blog everything I do because if I didn't, I'd NEVER remember our lives! LOL! Seriously, I have THE WORST memory, although mostly I just can't remember my childhood?! But sometimes I read back through old blog stories and realize I have already forgotten them!!
Your pictures are priceless, as usual! The boys are just so precious and growing up way too fast. I love Alex's sweet vocabulary and voice. They change so fast, you'll be looking at this video in 6 months and wonder what happened to those baby words!
Oh yes, the memory. Let's talk about this for a moment, shall we? The mommy brain takes a toll I must say. I get so frustrated with myself, forgetting little things...where I put my keys, where I put my phone, walking out the door forgetting to grab Sarah's shoes, forgetting to grab the grocery list...the list goes on. It.makes.me.crazy! Pre-kids, I was so on top of things and wonder if I will ever be that way again! haha! I still blame it on the hormones!
Anyway, the boys are so, so sweet together. The pictures of the two of them together are my favorite. I love that Alex loves him some Chipotle. Sweet boy!
Katherine
Peace out little Roo! Hang in there, you are in the acute phase of mommy brain. And while I'm certain we will never return to state of the art frontal lobes, it will get better in months to come. I feel your pain on the behavior. Some days I'm so proud of my little girl I could just dance and some days I want to dance right on out the door!!!!!!
Post a Comment