Roo: "What's going on here, Roary?"
Roary: {with smile plastered on and talking through his teeth} "It's your three-month photoshoot. Just smile for the camera. The more you smile, the faster this goes."
Roary: "Good job, Roo!"
Dear Little Roo,
The other night I sat rocking you while you slept. I just stared and stared and could hardly bring myself to put you back down in your crib, even though it was four in the morning. I kept thinking, "You are so amazing. We are so blessed that God gave you to us. So blessed."
You are such a happy little guy these days. You rarely cry. Instead, you flash those sweet smiles to everyone. And your cooing has almost turned to jabbering. If someone engages you, you are quick to join the conversation and throw your two cents in.
Alex loves you so much. He loves to be "by" you, especially when you're on your play mat. He'll tell me, "By," to let me know he wants to lie next to you. You always smile when he comes by your side, and he'll talk to you and tell you about all kinds of things. You eat it up.
You're sleeping really well these days. You go down for the night around 8:30 or so and then get up once to nurse, usually between 3 or 4. And then you go right back down and sleep until somewhere between 6:30 and 7:30. One night you even teased us and slept from 9p to 6a. You haven't managed to repeat that though.
You've started drooling more, and it won't be long before we start whipping out the bibs to keep your clothes dry.
We tried giving you the bottle again, and this time, you took it without any hesitation. Yea!
You still love that thumb, and I'm pretty sure that you will be an official thumb-sucker like your brother.
In addition to morning, your favorite time of the day is bath time. Oh goodness you love your baths! It is so much fun to bathe you – you just smile and smile getting to splash in there.
You're outgrowing your 0-3 months clothes. It's time to start bringing out the 3-6 months. I just can't believe how quickly you're growing!
I love you little angel. You bring us so much joy!
Love,
Momma





4 comments:
Oh, what GREAT photos of the Littlest Man. I'm thinking we won't be able to use that name always. ;) He is growing like a weed. I have missed so much. With Little Man, he made frequent visits to Dallas and I enjoyed seeing his progress. Andrew is just speeding along and I'm so glad to see, even if it is not in person. I love you all so much. XOXOXOXOXO
Back again for anther look at that smile! ;)
Very good Roo! Smiling on cue already! You are so wise Mom to hold him a few minutes more...so, so sweet. Congrats on the extra sleep and all the exciting milestones!
Oh, that sweet Roo!! He is definitely plumping up these days, isn't he? I just can't tell you how happy it makes this "auntie" to hear that Andrew is such a sweet, content baby for his Mama. I sure wish I could be there to be blessed with some of his smiles and coos! He is definitely in the Gerber baby phase, my absolute favorite. Give that precious angel some extra love from us down here. Miss you tons!!
Post a Comment