2.08.2011

What I'd always dreamed about

Last weekend, Jerry and I took Alex to the park to enjoy one of the few days of sunshine we've had lately.
Alex was in heaven. He rode on the swings, climbed up and down the stairs, and even braved the "big boy" slides all by himself.




These pictures bring me such joy. In part because they capture Alex's sweet laughter. But also because I see that Alex has a daddy who LOVES being a part of this little guy's life. I did not have that from my dad when I was growing up. And it is one of the sweetest things I'll ever know - watching Jerry be the kind of dad I always dreamed about.

7 comments:

Tanna said...

Very good that you are all "livin' the dream" that you deserve so very much. I love you. XOXOXOXOXO

Tanna said...

PS The slide shot is GREAT!

Lauri said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!! The slide shot, and the other shots with Alex's beaming face and Jerry in the background...LOVE them! Truly captures your "dream" in a beautiful way.

nanny said...

Those are very special pictures. The joy on their faces is obvious.
I felt like I was looking in your eyes on the first one.

Katherine said...

So glad your dream has come true Amanda. You are truly deserving of all that comes your way. What pure joy you must feel. I can't wait to watch those feelings multiply once baby Correa arrives. God has blessed you in many, many ways! Love you!

Dana said...

Isn't it great? Alex is truly blessed to have Jerry as a dad. No doubt that they are going to create lots of great memories together. I always enjoy watching Laine play with the boys. Makes me so thankful that they have a great example of what a man and father should be. Alex and baby will have the same with Jerry. I am so thankful that your dream has come true. You made it a priority to find a man that would be a great husband and father and you've worked hard together to create the family that you want for your kids. That's not just luck. God has blessed you for your faithfulness.

Ganny and Grandpa said...

it gives me great joy to see lil jerry and lil man spend time together. this just brings back some beautiful memories of jerry sr. with jerry jr. it almost seems like this happened a few years ago. amanda, you look like you are feeling really gooood. God bless you'll love and kisses to all of you. ganny and grandpa correa