2.25.2011

Random happenings from our week

My little fire chief has been a busy boy this week.
He got his first play-dough kit from a neighbor friend of ours.
He enjoyed rolling, stamping, smashing. And the occasional tasting, too, of course.
And when he was done with all of that, he enjoyed stacking the stamper blocks and knocking them down.
He's also been working his Mickey and Friends alphabet puzzle. I am amazed to watch him put this thing together. He can put in all 26 pieces by himself. I usually try to sit next to him when he's working it so that I can tell him what each letter is, especially since he's mostly interested in which Disney character is next to each letter. When he's finished the puzzle, we sing the ABC's together a couple of times.
Alex also sported a new hat this week from my dear friend Wendy who I used to work with at The Richards Group. She was my "work mom." And she hooked Alex up with a few Ba-ba treats this week that he's just nuts about.
"Yo. What's up?" This was Alex's attempt at putting the hat on himself. This picture makes me laugh.  
Another happening this week...I bought Baby Boy a couple of outfits. I figure that even though he'll be able to wear most of Alex's clothes, he still needs a few things of his own. =) The one on the left is 3 mos, and the one on the right is 12 months. I love rompers for little boys, so I just couldn't pass these two up.
The other big happening around our house this week is taking place in this room. BIG changes are underway, even as I type.
LOTS more to come on this in the days ahead, so stay tuned...

Happy weekend, all.

6 comments:

Tanna said...

Very glad to see some new pictures!!! I'm going to have to talk to the publisher of this blog! LOL! (like I can talk this week!) Little Man has been very busy with all his projects: firefighting, playdoughing, block stacking, Baba reading, alphabet learning and g-dogging! LOL!

I love the new outfits!!! Precious. Yes, Baby Brother will have to have things of his very own.

Looking forward to seeing Alex's new room. =)

Katherine said...

I can't wait to see the transformation in your guest bedrooom. How exciting! Love all the new pictures of your LM. Puzzles, playdough, Mickey toys...he is set.

And of course I LOVE the new outfits for the baby. He does need his own outfits and those are just precious. I love the little rompers for boys. So sweet! He will be here before you know it! :)

Dana said...

Lovin' the G-dog picture. Made me laugh! Looks like Alex has been having lots of fun this week. I bet I know a little boy that would like to come over and play with the play-doh with Alex! Glad you found some precious outfits for baby. Nice for him to have some special outfits of his own.

Can't wait to see what you do with the room! I have no doubt it will be perfect!

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

I cant wait to see the new changes to the room although I am sad to see it go it was my favorite room in the house when you gave sister and I the Grand Tour :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Comforter :)

Any who it Sounds like Alex is having some big fun with all his new toys, and I would say hes pretty Gangster with his hat side ways :)

The New little one will enjoy his new clothes they sure are CUTE!!!

Love yall xoxoxoxox

nanny said...

Can't wait to see the changes......
those little outfits are adorable. aren't newborn clothes so sweet?
I love Alex in his new hat.....

Lauri said...

Those pics of Alex are super cute. How he manages to look "G-dog" AND adorable at the same time, well that's a talent only he can possess, haha! I too am on pins and needles to see the transformation in the room. I have no doubt it will be incredible and perfect. Miss you girl.