2.05.2011

Baby Bump - 22 Weeks

I've made it through the halfway mark. And other than last week's cold, I've been feeling great.
I love this period of time in the pregnancy. Enough of a bump where people don't have to wonder if I'm pregnant or not, but not so much of one that my back hurts. I can still lean over the tub easily to give Alex his baths. I can still carry him up and down the stairs with ease. I can still lift him into his crib, his car seat and the shopping cart without any problems. Sleeping isn't too much of an issue. These are the good weeks.
I'm trying to enjoy the growing Little Buckaroo while he's still little. Because at the rate we're going, he's going to be kicking pee straight out of my bladder in no time. He's riding so low that I've never felt a kick above my belly button. I've never even felt a kick even remotely close to my belly button. The ultrasound tech assures me he's face down, but I'm not so sure. I don't remember Alex being this low. Ever. I may be wearing Depends by the end of this show. I wonder if they'll fit my pregnant belly. Ha!
Ah, well. The good weeks, right? You bet. I remember what the next few weeks are going to be like. And I remember the delivery aftermath even more vividly. (Oh, how I'm hoping for a better experience this time around!!!!)

6 comments:

Tanna said...

I am hoping and praying for a better delivery for you this time. You are simply beautiful. I'm glad tending Little Man is still easy for you. And, that your Little Buckeroo is growing and kicking along just fine.

Those Depends will fit... just think about some of the bodies they go on. ;)

Solar Powered said...

1. You look beautiful.
2. I'm so hoping for an easier delivery for you this go round.
3. I feel your pain on the low riding baby...Lila was one. Someone should have told me to wear Depends, it would have saved a few very embarassing moments. The OBs eyes got big around 37 weeks when she examined me...very weird feeling toward the end.
4. Did I mention how cute you are with that baby bump?

Dana said...

You look GREAT!!!! I definitely remember a few leaks with both of my boys. That and major sweat during the summer months = no fun! It seems unfair to me that the same people who have to endure pregnancy and delivery are the very same ones up late at night nursing and taking care of the baby. Just doesn't seem like a fair division of labor. Ha! But it's all worth it, right? :-)

I'm definitely hoping for a better post-partum experience for you this time around.

Love you!!

Lauri said...

I LOVE the baby bump pics!! You look so beautiful, like a glowing Momma for sure! And you are so right to enjoy these days while you can because discomfort always takes hold before you're ready.

I, too, am praying for a much smoother delivery for you this time around. I can't help but think there's no way it could be worse?? Can't wait to see what you have in store for the baby's nursery! Miss you girl!!

nanny said...

Amanda you look great!!!
I hope this delivery is a breeze....you deserve one, right?
Alex is going to be such a good brother....

Lauren said...

Amanda, you look wonderful. So happy and healthy. I am starting to think I will look the same size as you when we get together in April and I am 12 weeks behind you! I am hoping that Depends are not necessary, can't you just get some neat rubber pants and call it a day?