It's cold here today. High of 30º and wind gusts up to 18 mph. To brave the cold for his morning haircut, Little Man had to put on his puffy coat, his penguin hat and his snow boots. If only I could get him to wear his mittens... They just don't work for a thumb-sucker.
Alex received his first dividend check from his three shares of Disney stock. A whopping $1.20. He's well on his way!
And can someone please tell me why, WHY can I not cut myself off from the sweets? I'm eating like it's nothing to drop pregnancy pounds. Alex had a playdate with one of his friends this morning, and his friend's mom brought us four cupcakes. I ate TWO. (After they left, of course.) And Alex and Jerry are just lucky that I didn't eat theirs, too! Oh, this could get so ugly by the end. And I am not one of those people who melts away weight just by breastfeeding. No, sir. I have to actually TRY to get rid of my weight. And it takes a while. Ugh.
In haircut news, my Little Man looks like a million bucks. I haven't had a chance to snap any photos yet, but I will. Once again, he did NOT like the hair cut experience. We had hair here, there, and everywhere when it was all said and done. But I did manage to distract him with a Thomas the Train book long enough for the hair lady to "give him some style." Kudos to her for working through the meltdown.
And finally, tonight is date night for Jerry and me. Woohoo! I can't wait to have a nice dinner where I don't have to cut up anyone else's meal but my own! And my food may actually be warm when I eat it. That would be a nice change of pace. It's all about the little things, really.
Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:
I hear you on the weight thing, girl. I keep thinking the motivation to lose it will take hold one of these days but it just doesn't. Sigh.
I can't wait to see Alex's new 'do! And good for you for scheduling a WELL deserved date night - have a GREAT time!!
It was 20 here this morning when I went out to walk!!! Glad to see my Little Man was bundled up to tackle the chill! Brrrrr! Guess I could try to make him some mittens with the thumb out????
Enjoy your date night! Wish I were there to keep LM.
PS I must be having sympathy eating for you, too! Mercy! At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to be able to find my way back through the woods!
LM looks like one warm little eskimo. I can't wait to see the new haircut. And let me tell you-the repeated haircut meltdowns is what drove me to purchasing my own clipper kit. Luke still cries every time but at least it's at home now! :)
Oh and I loved the MM pancakes. Lukie loves those too! I love that the little things in life just makes these sweet munchkin's day!
Enjoy the date night, a little jealous here! :) But well deserved for you two. Oh and enjoy a nice big dessert. Live it up girl while you can! That's my theory at least. Whether it comes off right away or not, it's all good. Btw, we are needing another belly shot of sweet baby boy. Don't hold out on us now! :)
Love and miss you!
Like Katherine, I purchased a clipper kit. I give Jackson all of his haircuts now. I have really given some pretty bad haircuts but now I pretty much just use the clippers to buzz the whole thing. He's just too squirmy for me to try to use scissors on the top. Poor guy. I wonder when he will be old enough to refuse to let me cut his hair. I give him a sucker now to distract him enough to actually let me do it. Can't wait to see how Alex's hair turned out! I bet it is precious!
And about those sweets - it doesn't get any easier when they get here either because you are so busy and tired that the little treats are one of the bright spots in the day. The problem is when you have too many of the sweet treats like I'm doing and instead of dropping pounds you start adding them! UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
So excited that you guys are having a date night. Who is keeping Alex? I really would like for Laine and I to have a date night soon. Sure would be nice! I think it's so important for the marriage to get away and have adult conversation.
Post a Comment