I've been in a blog funk for the last couple of months.
I feel like I can't get good pictures - and that REALLY frustrates me. You know how it feels when you want to be able to do something a certain way sooooo badly, but no matter how hard you try you just can't quite attain it? Well, that's me with the picture taking right now. And I find it to be discouraging not to get the kind of photos I want.
I don't know what to write about. Occasionally, I think about random things throughout the day that I'd like to talk about, but then I sit down to write and my topic has conveniently escaped the mind. The irony.
And the further irony is that if I do have a topic to write about, I don't seem to have a lot of time. Hmph. Go figure.
Anywho, enough of the rant. Today I'll just post a few random photos of my sweet Little Man and some of his latest joys. Maybe the blog fog will lift soon...
 |
| The thumb. He still loves it. And I love to watch it. Probably not when he's eight, but for now, I find it precious. |
 |
| Our poor Little Man needs a hair cut so badly. Going next Friday. Can't get here soon enough for his daddy! |
 |
| Still loves his books. |
 |
| Loves playing with his race cars, too. He'll let them roll down his slide and on the racetrack. So cute to watch. |
 |
| "Baba." The obsession of all obsessions for Alex. |
 |
| Loves his little "Baba" books. Poor Beatrix Potter has nothing on these things. |
 |
| Sits through the entire book and loves it when the Grimble Grinder lets out a loud BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPP to help Jimmy and his jalopy get home! Oh, how he laughs at the Grimble Grinder. |
4 comments:
Glad you came out of your blog slump long enough to give us a treat!! Your photos are wonderful... keep 'em coming! Oh, to be on the Moon Pie Griswold Vacation right now!! {sigh}
The way you talk about his thumb-sucking is just how I felt about Zack and his fingers... And, while I knew it was time for him to stop when he did, a little corner of my heart was very sad... I knew that phase of his life was gone forever.
Love you dearly. XOXOXOX
Can I just say that I think you got in my head and stole my thoughts exactly? And that Lila has the Minnie version of that car and loves all things Mickey and Minnie? And that I desperately want a new camera and lens? Trust me...it would take us to new levels. Oh well...someday. BTW, I love your pics...always!
I think your pictures are fabulous. But I do understand how you might feel. You work very hard to take beautiful photos and I can imagine it's frustrating when they don't turn out like you had planned.
When it comes to blogging I feel like I have way too much to say or I have days and days with absolutely nothing to say.
Jackson has that Mickey Mouse box of books. He also has the Sesame Street box. He used to LOVE them. He doesn't look at them as much anymore but they were definitely a favorite for a time. Now he's into all things CARS.
I love the shelving that has Alex's books and puzzles. Is that in his room or downstairs? Looks really bright and colorful.
Miss you!
I get so frustrated with my picture taking all the time, I just did some for my friend and none of them turned out like I wanted them too :( It kinda bummed out the day...I just think that maybe looking bck I will learn to love them... but I do have to say I love little thumb suckers :) I was an avid thumb sucker so I love when theres other ones :) I love yall and hope all is going well... Schools started here and Im already slammed with homework... and I will find out tomorrow if I get the job in the bio lab on campus... xoxoxoxox
Post a Comment