1.11.2011

Recent Adventures

Alex and I have started working on learning the alphabet. I don't know why this task seems daunting to me, but it does. Anyway, we sit down at the Leap Frog letters a couple of times each day to sing the alphabet song. And then I focus on one specific letter. We started with the obvious - A.

Then I had a couple of coloring/painting activities for him to do. He colored the letter "A." He stamped leaves on an apple tree and then made fingerprint apples. And then he finger painted an ape. Here he is painting the ape. He wasn't too sure about getting paint all over his hands.
And here is why I will only be using paint brushes until he is old enough not to satisfy his curiosities.
That's right. He decided he needed a little taste test, people. He got paint EVERYWHERE. In his hair. On his forehead. In his mouth. Around his mouth. But you know what? I love that he's learning to express his creativity. So we'll keep at it.

In other adventure news, he's been enjoying the new toy that Aunt Sylba gave him for Christmas.
He hasn't gotten to ride his battery-operated Batmobile too much because it's been so cold outside, but we had a little sunshine on Sunday, and we took him out to the back yard to play around for a bit. 
I have visions of a bat cape and mask for him to wear when the weather gets warmer. Can you imagine? I chuckle at the thought. I've got to start working on that.

6 comments:

Tanna said...

LOL! I love the painting photos. My watercolor class was supposed to start today, but the teacher has jury duty (just as well for me, my supplies are scheduled to arrive today). I am afraid LM's Noni may look almost the same... but, I don't plan on tasting my paint! LOL!

Aunt Sylba did good! LOL! That Batman is just too cute! Can't wait to see him in his get up!! Your "actions" are very nice. ;)

Tanna said...

PS I DID wonder who ACCs Daddy was... for just a few seconds. LOL!

Dana said...

Looks like Alex is having lots of fun with his adventures. Glad you had some nice weather to enjoy some time outside. It's so hard when it's cold and you are cooped up inside!!

Alex seems to be enjoying his "learning" time. So fun!

nanny said...

Well I guess LM has come by his talents honestly....Noni and Mom are just filled with talent!!!!
I was so confused about ACC's Daddy....cause my brother's name is A.C. and he reads a few blogs but doesn't comment (doesn't know how to get an ID)ha....

Lauri said...

You go girl with all your awesome educational activities for Alex! I love how motivated you are to teach and work with him. I was just telling Jeff the other day that I'm terrible with all that stuff. I LOVE his Batmobile, too. Awesome fun for LM! A certain Daddy in our house doesn't agree with kids having motorized cars so we we'll have to live vicariously through Alex on this one. :-)

Katherine said...

Cute Batmobile. Glad you had some nice weather to get out and enjoy it for awhile.

Glad Alex is enjoying his learning time. Before you know it, you will be on letter Z and he will know all his ABC's! He's growing up so fast!