1.29.2011

Baby shower for a friend

This is my friend Lauren.
If you know Lauren, then you'd know that this smile says so much about her. She lights up a room, and her laughter makes you feel like you are being wrapped in sunshine.
Today I joined several of the ladies in our bible study group to help Lauren celebrate the upcoming birth of baby Emma Grace who is due at the end of February.


After the party was over and everyone had left, I remember thinking how grateful I felt to have found such sweet friends here in Roanoke. God is so good with his blessings of love and friendship. And I know that Emma Grace is going to be one blessed little girl to have Lauren as her mommy.

6 comments:

Dana said...

Looks like a perfect shower to me. You have always had a gift for throwing beautiful parties. :-)

I'm so thankful that you have found such special friends there in Roanoke. What a blessing.

Love you!

Solar Powered said...

I can only imagine how grateful she was...that looked lovely. I'm happy for you to have found great friends...it makes such a difference. Hope you are feeling better :)

Hilde Kraiss said...

What a beautiful party - everything looks perfect! Your friend Lauren looks like she is about 6 months pregnant, not due in a few weeks! Wow.

Katherine said...

When you told me last week that you were hosting a shower at your house this weekend I had no doubt it would be absolutely beautiful. And from the pictures--it was. What a special day for your friend.

Glad LM still likes wearing his warm gear. I bet he loves those little trips to the store with Daddy. Always a special time!

Lauri said...

I LOVE the shower pics! Oh my goodness, the blocks with Emma's name and the little cakes that looked like blocks -- SO precious! You still got it, girl. You're the hostest with the mostest for sure!

I, too, am so thankful that you've found such special women as friends in Roanoke. There is nothing more important than surrounding yourself with friends that understand the ups and downs that come with motherhood. And I can only imagine how grateful those women are to have met you, too! I love and miss you!

nanny said...

Gosh where have I been? I missed several posts. Alex looks so cute all wrapped up to stay warm.
Those little cakes are the cutest things I've ever seen....such a great idea.
Emma Grace, what a wonderful name!