1.15.2011

Cupcake Love

If you've known me for any length of time at all, then you know that desserts are one of life's greatest pleasures for me. And one of my favorite sweet treats is a cupcake or petit four from this place.
Society Bakery in Dallas. I used to go there once a week to get a cupcake with some very dear friends of mine from work. Occasionally, we would go twice a week. Yes, it is that good. It is one of the places I try to visit when we return home to Texas.

I'm not the only person who thinks Society Bakery's cupcakes rock.


And I read on their website that they're making desserts for Diddy's Superbowl party in Dallas!

We have a couple of cupcake shops in Roanoke, but they don't even come close. =( Probably a good thing or I'd be packing on the pounds - and not just from the pregnancy!

Today I thought I'd try making some semi-homemade cupcakes. I had my sweet helper in the kitchen with me. We're already getting in the spirit for Valentine's day with our lovebug muffin cups.
And my little lovebug even gave his momma some sugars to make those cupcakes extra sweet!
The cupcakes we made are certainly no Society Bakery cupcakes, but they were made with lots of cupcake love that we're going to share with our friends in our church group tomorrow.

6 comments:

nanny said...

I love cupcakes....and I'll bet yours are just perfect....with all of that wonderful loving help you had...
I love the hair, it is so pretty (don't tell daddy I said that, but he does have beautiful hair)

Solar Powered said...

I love that top picture of you and Alex with the cupcakes rising in the background!!! And Society? My absolute favorite! We had them for Lila's 1 month and 1 year birthday..mmmmmm. Now that I think of it...we had them at our playdate! mmmmmmmm

Dana said...

I sure do love a good cupcake too! I bet these turned out great and everyone will enjoy them tomorrow. I wish I had been there with you guys to bake them. That's half the fun!

Tanna said...

Lovin' finding another post this morning!! Yea! That is one sweet little helper you have there... those cupcakes may just be too sweet to eat they have so much sweet in 'em!! ;)

You look beautiful with my gorgeous grandson and one-to-be!! Love you so much. XOXOXOXO

Lauri said...

Yummy!! I sure wish I could've been there to taste-test for you, ha! You look super cute and very much the perfect little Mommy in your apron with cupcakes in the over. Go girl! :-)

And I'm sorry about your blog funk. But honestly there just aren't many pictures out there that I enjoy more than yours, so please don't be so hard on yourself!! Especially when your blog updates/pictures are all we get of you these days, I want every single update I can get!! Miss and love you tons!

Katherine said...

I hear ya girl on the blog fog! I feel like my lack of time makes my posts brief when I feel like I have so much more to say. Or on the flip side, there's not too much new or exciting some weeks to post about.

Anyway, love the cupcake pictures! Wish we were there to help. I know two other eager helpers that would have loved to help. Especially taste the batter! :)

Can't wait to find out what baby Correa #2 is going to be. It's this week, right?