My sweet, precious angel,
Today you were a guest at your very first birthday party. The party was for your friend Caitlin whom you met at the bible study playgroup. She had a choo-choo party, and all afternoon you were eagerly awaiting the fun by saying "choo-choo" over and over again as the clock ticked away and the time approached for us to arrive.
I watched you closely today. Seeing how you would interact among the other kiddos. Seeing how you would play with the toys. Seeing how you would handle the noise and the chaos. Seeing how you would respond to Momma and Daddy when we spoke to you amidst so many distractions.
My heart burst with pride. I could have wept all through the party as I watched you in amazement. You shared your toys. You played with great joy. You listened with unwavering obedience. Quite simply, you shined.
As your Momma, there are so many wonderful things I wish for you in this life, and a grateful, compassionate, obedient heart is one of them. Oh, how I pray these things for you. Because I know that God has great things in store for your life. And I believe that being grateful, compassionate and obedient will help you abundantly in accomplishing those things.
You are extraordinary, Alexander Cole. And I love you in ways that I never imagined I was capable of loving someone. Being your Momma is one of the greatest privileges I will ever have while on this earth.
Hugs and kisses, sweet boy. May God bless your life richly.
Momma

3 comments:
Very sweet. :-) So glad he had fun at his first birthday party. It's not easy to share and be obedient when there is so much going on. Good for him!
Your pictures are great. LOVE the sweet haircut.
What a sweet, sweet letter to your precious LM! I'm so glad he did so well at the party and I know there will be MANY more in his future!
PS - Kaitlynn is SOOOOO into the choo-choos these days, too! We visit Barnes and Noble regularly to play with their trains in the kids' area.
Wiping the tears here! :)
What a sweet tribute to your LM. One that he will enjoy reading one day.
Isn't it amazing how much your heart can swell with such pride, love and admiration for your child. Alex is a child of God and I know God gently placed him in your arms because he knew you and Jerry were capable of molding him into his image. He's a special boy and I know baby boy #2 will be just as special in your eyes!
So glad he had such a good experience with his first birthday party. And what a great memory you will have from it too! :)
Love you sweet momma!
Post a Comment