I loved our trip to Rock City.
I had no idea what Rock City even was until we got there and started walking around, but I had heard it was a "must see." "Ok," I thought. "I'm game if everyone else is."
It's really hard to describe exactly what Rock City is if you've never been. The best I can come up with is it's a garden/path of natural rock formations and a waterfall at the top of Lookout Mountain. On a clear day, you can see seven states from the top.
This was one of my favorite memories because it was interesting, beautiful, unique, fun, and it was one of the few excursions where the whole Griswold clan was there (except Zack who wasn't able to make the trip altogether).
Interestingly enough, when the gardens opened in the 1930s, the founder advertised by painting "See Rock City" on the sides of barns all around the area and in other states, including Texas (just like in the photo of the birdhouse above).
****************************************
****************************************
****************************************
****************************************
****************************************
****************************************
But my excitement paled in comparison to Alex's. We ordered the Kosmic Karma pizza (sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, feta, spinach and pesto drizzle). I wasn't sure if he'd like it or not, but he ate a TON. We kept asking him, "Are you all done?", and he would just look at us and sign "more." We must have asked him "all done?" a dozen times, and every single time he said "more." We laughed until we almost cried. He was a bottomless pit, and he was lovin' him some Mellow Mushroom.
This picture was made on their bench outside the restaurant. There's a logo imprinted on it, but I couldn't quite capture both Alex and the logo at the same time. So you'll just have to take my word for it. But this is his after-dinner glow.
Lots of other memories, too, but these were my favorites. Noni and Pop Pop, thank you for treating us to a wonderful trip. I hope we have many more of these in the future. Love you!



6 comments:
Precious memories. It was our pleasure. I can't think which would be my most favorite memory; but, I'm thinking seeing his pride at walking is my most cherished. Thank you all for joining us. I love you dearly. XOXOXO
I share your feeling Tanna....being there for those moments is the best feeling in the world!
Now where can I get a Kosmic Karma Pizza?????
What a wonderful trip! I love those kissy pictures.
Pizza, ice cream, walking, swimming and lot of wet kisses...sounds like lots of fun memories were made. And I can see this Griswold vacation becoming an annual tradition in your family. Sooo glad you guys had such a fun time. Alex seemed to be quite the trooper, makes it all worth it!! Love you guys!!
I agree with Katherine -- so much fun, where to begin?? First off, those sloppy wet open-mouthed kisses are the BEST! I'm sad to say Kaitlynn seems to have given those up for now, except for the occasional surprise kiss. So enjoy them while you can, Momma! And I love the picture of Alex climbing in the cabinet. This age is just so neat to see these kids figuring out how to play games and keep us on our toes! As for the walking, GO ALEX!! I just love that he was so proud of himself (as well he should be) and that the whole family was there to witness his accomplishment. I'm sure he planned that, you know. Ha!
I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful family vacation, and thanks for keeping us updated along the way. We just returned from FL yesterday and I don't even know where to begin with pictures and updates! Miss you tons!!
I love all of your special memories. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and were BUSY! It looks like your mom had tons of fun with her little grandbaby. I'm sure it was hard to end the vacation. Thanks for sharing your adventures.
Post a Comment