8.12.2010

Little Man's Big Adventures - Griswold Vacation Part 2

People. We have been having some serious adventures. One of those adventures included a trip to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. Now, "they" say that this aquarium is the best aquarium in the U.S. - better than Chicago and Atlanta. I ask, "Does this look like the face of someone who thinks that is a true statement?"
I kid. I kid. He actually loved it. At least the first 15 minutes of it. After that, if he could talk, I am convinced he would have said, "A fish is a fish is a fish. Let's move on already."

They did have some pretty cool marine life. I mean, this Tiger Ray is a beauty.
We even got to pet some of the rays (very slimy), and Pop Pop got to feed them. I hope Noni has a photo of that because I didn't get one since my hand was wet from petting.

They did have some interesting perspectives from which you could view the fish. Or make funny faces for onlookers, whichever you prefer.
And like every good tourist attraction, they dumped you out right into the gift shop so that you could spend four times the amount for this stuff that you would in a toy store. Thank goodness Little Man isn't at the age where he can ask for anything. Oh, how I dread the day...
The aquarium was nice. But if I were a "they," I'm not sure I would have ranked it higher than the other two aquariums. I'm just sayin'. More adventures to come...

5 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm glad to hear he liked seeing all the fish. What fun!! You guys sure have seemed to have had a great week. So happy to see that!!

Tanna said...

LOL!! Oh, your day is coming!! I hope he "NEEDS" lots of stuff. LOL!

Lauren said...

I so love that picture where he is smushing his face against the glass. Hilarious. Looks like a great trip!

Lauri said...

The pics of Alex are priceless! And I would have to agree with Alex...a fish is a fish is a fish. Ha! I've never been one for aquariums or museums myself.

Can I just say, Alex is looking SO much like his Mommy to me!! Is it just me, or do others say that too? I think it's his eyes and expressions - so precious!

PS - Hope your bedtimes are going a little more smoothly. K finally figured things out and is sleeping great again -- only she is still quite the booger during the daytime. I'm convinced we're getting in terrible two's!

nanny said...

I love the face in the glass....priceless!!!