8.10.2010

Little Man's Big Adventures - Griswold Vacation

Little Man has been having a grand time on our Griswold Vacation. We thought he might do better on the drive down if we faced his car seat forward.
 Um, that would be a negative. He wasn't so interested in the six and a half hour car ride regardless of which way he was facing. Which is why we had several stops along the way. And which is why that six and a half hours turned into something closer to ten.

There were two stops at McDonald's to take full advantage of their play areas.
And there was the dinner stop where he pretended to drive the car.
Needless to say, we were all relieved once we finally arrived!

Little Man has been spending time telling Pop Pop things.
He's also been drinking water like a bird from Noni's water bottle cap. It's his new favorite thing.
We turned him loose with all the other kiddos in the cool-down river near the aquarium.
He was in heaven splish-splashing around.

We went to Rock City and saw a bald eagle at the birds of prey show. This bald eagle lost his left wing when someone shot him at a young age. The wing had to be amputated to save his life.
Little Man is definitely having lots of fun on his Griswold Adventures.
More to come...

5 comments:

Tanna said...

LOL! Noni is having a grand time on the Griswold Adventure!! Lovin' me some Little Man time.

Dana said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time. And I can TOTALLY relate to the car ride issues! I'd rather do just about anything than be in the car for a long time with Jackson. He cannot stand to be tied down for so long!!! I love that he got to get in the water to cool down. I love little kids in their diapers. So sweet. Looking forward to more pics from your vacation!

Lauri said...

Yeah, that long car ride definitely isn't fun for our little ones at this age. (And neither is getting them out of their established routines, as we are experiencing here in Florida ourselves with K!) I can't wait to hear more about your grand adventures, and keep the pictures coming!!

Katherine said...

What a fun vacay you guys are having. Alex looks so proud in his car seat. I hope the return trip is a little easier for you guys. It really is so hard to keep them entertained for a long period like that. Can't wait to see more pictures. :)

Solar Powered said...

How fun. I'm so glad you all are together. Have a great time!!!